Dolby Atmos home cinema set up and more

Posted 27th Apr
In need of some advice.

I will soon move home and would like to have a nice surround sound set up in Living room ( probably interested in Dolby atmos )

Would also like to have these speakers linked to more speakers for kitchen and other rooms when playing music.

The next thing i would want is good connectivity to spotify etc

Believe me i have looked and my head has melted

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Lots of different amps can have several zones around the house, my Denon can. I think you get the normal amp and then get a Heos Zone amp.
Atmos is only anywhere near its potential if you are going to be able to put speakers in the ceiling.

If a speaker is £1000 in many places, but gets down to £800 on special you will probably be able to pick it up for £300-500 second hand. You can also save a decent amount on second hand amps.
MIDURIX27/04/2019 10:32

Lots of different amps can have several zones around the house, my Denon …Lots of different amps can have several zones around the house, my Denon can. I think you get the normal amp and then get a Heos Zone amp.Atmos is only anywhere near its potential if you are going to be able to put speakers in the ceiling.If a speaker is £1000 in many places, but gets down to £800 on special you will probably be able to pick it up for £300-500 second hand. You can also save a decent amount on second hand amps.

Heos zone amp will need to google that

I am toying with the idea of speakers in the ceiling , but not 100% tbh i do prefer minimalist/discreet

Cheers
geedub6 m ago

Heos zone amp will need to google that I am toying with the idea of …Heos zone amp will need to google that I am toying with the idea of speakers in the ceiling , but not 100% tbh i do prefer minimalist/discreetCheers

Atmos is all about having speakers in the ceiling or similar places or vouching sound up from speakers on top of your front floor standing speakers, but that last one doesn't really work. Either go with ceiling or just forget Atmos and stick with a nice 5.1 or 7.1 system.
Heos is just their name for their wireless system.
Not so sure, I've heard you can get some decent results with front height speakers if setup correctly. I prefer that option as it makes for a more flexible setup.
kester7627/04/2019 19:55

Not so sure, I've heard you can get some decent results with front height …Not so sure, I've heard you can get some decent results with front height speakers if setup correctly. I prefer that option as it makes for a more flexible setup.

I've not had the pleasure of setting up an AV with Atmos but I wonder if their calibrations tailor to Atmos speakers that aren't ceiling mounted. Those that point towards the ceiling.
rev63 h, 59 m ago

I've not had the pleasure of setting up an AV with Atmos but I wonder if …I've not had the pleasure of setting up an AV with Atmos but I wonder if their calibrations tailor to Atmos speakers that aren't ceiling mounted. Those that point towards the ceiling.

Not 100% sure but from what I've read and seen on youtube via techno dad etc it seems like height speakers work well with both Dolby Atmos, DTS X and auro3d.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions