Groups

domain and privacy

Hello!
    I Need some quick urgent help with domain names please.. if anyone has the time.

. I've registered a domain with dreamhosts.

Domain registered was a .com domain which came with privacy (whois information doesn't display my info)

These guys wont do the same for a .co.uk domain! I've tried 1and 1, and a couple of others.

Is there an ISP that will give me whois privacy on a .co.uk domain?

Any help would be cool.

Thanks!

5nowman

11 Comments

privacy on .co.uk is free you do not need whois guard just tick [omit details from whois database] when buying unless you are a business then you have to show whois details.

I've done it many times with 1and1.

Original Poster

t0mm

privacy on .co.uk is free you do not need whois guard just tick [omit … privacy on .co.uk is free you do not need whois guard just tick [omit details from whois database] when buying unless you are a business then you have to show whois details.I've done it many times with 1and1.

went with 1and1.. it asked for address details etc during reg....

5nowman

went with 1and1.. it asked for address details etc during reg....

It will do, it obviously wants your details for billing purposes, but it should have an [ommit details from WHOIS database] section.

Original Poster

cheers, will let you know how it goes... shame dreamhost couldn't do it...

t0mm

It will do, it obviously wants your details for billing purposes, but it … It will do, it obviously wants your details for billing purposes, but it should have an [ommit details from WHOIS database] section.

How'd it go?

Original Poster

t0mm

How'd it go?

Not sure yet.. still waiting for whois to update.

Registrant contact details (Reg-c) is showing my real details...
    administrative is showing the same...

whois still shows:

This domain name has not been registered. WHOIS lookup made at 00:52:35 22-Jun-2011

pm me the website address and I'll take a look

Original Poster

just an update... 1and 1 has published my name, but not my address or contact details... not sure if that is normal. The .com I registered through dreamhosts had full privacy, no details about me at all.

Banned

5nowman

just an update... 1and 1 has published my name, but not my address or … just an update... 1and 1 has published my name, but not my address or contact details... not sure if that is normal. The .com I registered through dreamhosts had full privacy, no details about me at all.

Mine shows my name but not address. .Com via dreamhost shows no personal details. I concur with your findings. Mine is the same

Original Poster

dreamhosts did .co.uk for $9.99 per year... I went to 1and1 for a domain reg for about £3 a year! and will have a redirect to the .com

I actually told dreamhosts it was a shame they couldn't provide whois privacy. Looks like they use a 3rd party to do TLDs.... Privacy should be a default given....

Thanks for checking your whois details!

guv

Mine shows my name but not address. .Com via dreamhost shows no personal … Mine shows my name but not address. .Com via dreamhost shows no personal details. I concur with your findings. Mine is the same

Edited by: "5nowman" 22nd Jun 2011

Original Poster

Disco

pm me the website address and I'll take a look

Cheers for offer, got it sorted up to a point! lol but thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions