Domain and Web hosting

Found 25th May
1and1 have been quietly ripping me off (more fool me) and I am fed up with their jacking up prices.

I have 4 domains (.co or .co.uk) where all I want is email forwarding and smtp + 1 domain that has a website

Any suggestions?
Community Updates
AskSoftware
9 Comments
A basic shared/unlimited hosting plan from Sharkhosting for £2.45 a year (search Google for coupons to make it even cheaper!) should do the trick - it even supports free LetsEncrypt SSL certificates.

Keep in mind that this being an ultra budget hosting package you should not put a super busy/business critical website on it.

For the domain names themselves I would recommend Namecheap, they are very well priced and super quick when it comes to support.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 25th May
Agree with SUMMONER for SharkHosting (think summoner shuffled me towards them a while ago from a previous Ask thread). Easily one of the cheaper hosting providers that has a decent cpanel featureset. At around £9 each, the SH domain reg service is credible to combine reg+host to avoid dual service sloping shoulder support. Think domain regs are extended by a year every time they are moved between registrars, so you will pay for minimum one year's reg at a new provider but you should (may?) not lose any existing term from the current registrar.
Yes sharkhosting is good price. If you want a ,co,uk name then LCN have a £1 deal (not inc vat) at the moment, ends soon though so be quick

£1 domain at LCN
Just noticed that they now have a UK hosted package as well: UK Cloud hosting starting from £2.95 a year

and voucher code SPRING50 should take 50% off your hosting bill as well.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 26th May
After my usual extensive research, I recently moved my .com and .uk domains and website from TSOHOST to SMARTHOSTING. Great customer service. Great package. Good value. UK based. Very neat IMAP migration tool too.

HTH.
Thank you
SUMMONER25th May

A basic shared/unlimited hosting plan from Sharkhosting for £2.45 a year …A basic shared/unlimited hosting plan from Sharkhosting for £2.45 a year (search Google for coupons to make it even cheaper!) should do the trick - it even supports free LetsEncrypt SSL certificates.Keep in mind that this being an ultra budget hosting package you should not put a super busy/business critical website on it.For the domain names themselves I would recommend Namecheap, they are very well priced and super quick when it comes to support.

So if buy a domain from Namecheap then transfer to Sharkhosting, who do I renew the domain with when the time comes?
iDealYou1 h, 27 m ago

So if buy a domain from Namecheap then transfer to Sharkhosting, who do I …So if buy a domain from Namecheap then transfer to Sharkhosting, who do I renew the domain with when the time comes?

You would not transfer the domains to Sharkhosting after registering/renewing them with Namecheap. Instead you would keep them with Namecheap and then simply set the nameservers for each domain name to that of Sharkhosting.

Sharkhosting will prompt you to do that for your primary domain name (the one for use with the website) while you sign-up for one of their webhosting packages. For the email only domain names you would do the same after you have added them in Sharkhosting's cPanel.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 27th May
SUMMONER6 m ago

You would not transfer the domains to Sharkhosting after …You would not transfer the domains to Sharkhosting after registering/renewing them with Namecheap. Instead you would keep them with Namecheap and then simply set the nameservers for each domain name to that of Sharkhosting.Sharkhosting will prompt you to do that for your primary domain name (the one for use with the website) while you sign-up for one of their webhosting packages. For the email only domain names you would do the same after you have added them in Sharkshoting's cPanel.

Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants