Groups

Domain Names and Wordpress

Hey,

I'm looking at starting a website, and building /editing it through wordpress. They offer domain names, but don't have the one I want. I was wondering, if I were to buy one through Go Daddy for example, would I still be able to use wordpress to build the site? If so, how would that work?

Thanks

5 Comments

you can add your own domain name to moonfruit websites I should imagine it would be the same

Edited by: "mosskeeto" 9th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Thanks, I found a way to move the domain I've bought over to wordpress, and set it to redirect my site there. stupid question, but am I right in thinking wordpress hosts the website?

Wordpress host it, yes.

Original Poster

I thought so, yet when I put the web address in, it fails to find it, saying it cannot find the server. Any reason for this?

Thanks for your help

EDIT its working now, nevermind.
    Edited by: "OliverBanks91" 9th Feb 2011

Have you only just set the domain to forward to your wordpress site? It takes a little while to take effect sometimes. Give it a while then try again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767467
      2. word association Game74044579
      3. One thing you've forgotten911
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814505

See more discussions