Groups

Domain Names resale

i have a few great domain names which a few companies would really feel the benefit from but has anyone on here got any experience with selling domain names?

6 Comments

You have 3 choices:
    1) Contact companies you think that might be interested
    2) Put up a very basic page on the domains saying they are for sale and direct them to an email address or use #3 below.
    3) Use sedo or flippa (google them) and sell them via there. Sedo and flippa are domain brokers who have buyers for domains but you will pay for the service.

Sold one before. The company wanting it paid all the fees and used Sedo to transfer ownership but it was because they were desperate to get the domains. £10 in and £300 out. Not a bad profit.

I had someone recently contact me about a domain name similar to mine and they wanted to do a deal. I just ignored it and their lease ran out and because I showed no interest they just gave up the domain. I can now purchase it for a lot cheaper anyway.

I say this as you might need to be careful approaching companies as they may think the same way as you are unlikely to keep the domain in the hope they buy it if they don't answer.

It really depends what the domains names are. If they are brand names the company can just apply to have them taken from you.

Banned

What are the domains? :P

You can make a lot of money from expired domains. My boss picked up a expired domain (£10 or so), turned it into a basic site (stuck a "Buy Site" link on it) and someone contacted him interesting in buying it...he ended up selling it for £3000.

This wasn't just a one off, he's sold a number of domains but of course they aren't all worth £3000.
    Edited by: "rwm24" 6th May 2011

rwm24

You can make a lot of money from expired domains. My boss picked up a … You can make a lot of money from expired domains. My boss picked up a expired domain (£10 or so), turned it into a basic site (stuck a "Buy Site" link on it) and someone contacted him interesting in buying it...he ended up selling it for £3000.This wasn't just a one off, he's sold a number of domains but of course they aren't all worth £3000.

Yes, there is money in buying expired domains, but not as much for "unused" ones purchased for re-sale.

OP - are you going to tell us what the domain names are :D?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial11
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1222
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764324
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism915

See more discussions