Groups

Domestic goddess (& gods)

I'm after a tough cleaning product that will clean the roof of my oven the only problem, the oven has a grilling element at the top. All the oven cleaning products that I have found say don't use on ceramics, door seals and heating elements. Does anybody know of any product that will easily clean my oven without damaging the element, thank you

8 Comments

Banned

Baking soda and water.

my o/h uses a steam cleaner

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

how did you get the roof of the oven to a condition where it need … how did you get the roof of the oven to a condition where it need cleaning?

By roasting food.

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

Baking soda and water.

Thanks will give it a go.

Original Poster

plumberman01

my o/h uses a steam cleaner

That would probably work a treat but we don't have one. Thanks anyway

put a pan of boiling water in there and turn oven on high for 15 mins to steam it up to help loosen all the grime first if you dont have steam cleaner.. be careful of the hot water though when you take it out obviously

Banned

solarforce

That would probably work a treat but we don't have one. Thanks anyway

I got mine cheap from Tescos.

Original Poster

DAMNOME

put a pan of boiling water in there and turn oven on high for 15 mins to … put a pan of boiling water in there and turn oven on high for 15 mins to steam it up to help loosen all the grime first if you dont have steam cleaner.. be careful of the hot water though when you take it out obviously

Cheers I think I'm going to do damnome and jonnytwotoes idea combo
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap northface alternatives?11
      2. NUS EXTRA - Cheap (Legitimate Way) - 3 year card?610
      3. What to do?????56
      4. Tradesmen battery power tools.11

See more discussions