Groups
    EXPIRED

Dominican Republic need advice

Booked Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus end of October (Bayahibe), anybody been there please ? What excursions would you recommend ?

5 Comments

Banned

1 back home

Hard rock hotel

I didn't stay at your chosen hotel but I do remember going on a day excursion around the island in an open top jeep which was booked via reception. really good day out with an entertaining guide and driver, met up with other vehicles to form a convoy, stopped off at remote locations to buy and sample local pineapple and exotic fruits and had a traditional dinner cooked by a local woman and ate in her back garden. wasn't expensive and saw the real Dominican Republic. The only negative thing I can say about the Island is that once you venture outside of your hotel everyone sees you as a money earner and they expect good tips, so just be on your guard before you hand any money over.

Look on tripadvisor for things to do and if you do go on one of the Jeep Safaris many people take sweets to give to the local children, however I think you ought to take packs of cheap colouring pens and pencils, biros etc so that the local schools can also benefit from your generosity.

Irrelevant comments removed
    Edited by: "missgem" 13th Jul 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844455
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)60477
      3. Royal Mil track and trace44
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…56

See more discussions