Expired

Dominoes Vs Papa Johns Vs Pizza Hut

Found 17th May 2014
So, what's your favourite pizza takeaway chain?

Papa Johns, Dominoes or Pizza Hut?

I had my first ever papa johns but must admit that I prefer dominoes, although no one else agreed with me.

Also, what toppings?
Community Updates
40 Comments
I like tesco create your own. My local one also cooks them for £1 extra, so £4.70 for a 14" deep pan or thin crust with 4 toppings.

I prefer papa johns over dominos though.
pizza hut every time! I love their garlic bread with cheese and bacon and the white chocolate and raspberry cookie dough! and of course their bbq meaty pizza :-)
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2880285/harry-hill-tv-burp-fight-o.gif

dont have papa johns anywhere near but other 2 are better for different types

toppings: all meats!
1 Pizza Hut

2 Papa Johns

3 Dominos
Any local pizza takeaway other than the 3 in the OP. £15+ for a pizza? No thanks.
For my area

1. Dominos - Average pizza but their Garlic and Herb dip seals 1st place.
2. Papa John's - Better pizza than Domino's but their Garlic dip is not very nice.
3. Pizza Hut - My local one is disgusting.
RossD89

Any local pizza takeaway other than the 3 in the OP. £15+ for a pizza? No … Any local pizza takeaway other than the 3 in the OP. £15+ for a pizza? No thanks.

Same here, got one across the road, any size, any toppings, collection only £7.99. Really nice too (and some of the staff are easy on the eye).
Dominoes is horrible. I don't know if its just mine but the pizzas are awful. The base is overly crusty and dry and the toppings are dry and tasteless. Pizza hut for me is the best out of the three but that's not really great either.
I've tried them all and they are all good, but honestly i prefer the ASDA ones. Customize your pizza and they usually chuck on more of the toppings if you ask and a 14" is only £3.60. I understand that folk sometimes prefer it to be delivered and precooked but for me the ASDA pizzas still win it
Edited by: "mjccam" 17th May 2014
Asda create your own 2 for £4
I bought a £20 papa johns voucher off eBay for £7 which is why I tried them rather than dominoes.

The extra extra large pizza is HUGE. Genuinely huge not just very large!!

The 'special' garlic dip is absolutely revolting, but the garlic and herb dip is nice.

I only have pizza about twice a year and usually buy it because it's been a long week and want someone else to cook X)

I'm not a vegetarian but always go for the veggie ones.

I had Pizza Hut in store about two years ago and vowed never to return, it was nasty.
none, as I've not got any of these in my area, although I have tried Pizzas in the past from Pizza Hut and Dominoes when visiting friends, have to say my local Romero's Pizza place blows these out of the water for taste, price and quality...
For me, Papa Johns has to be the winner. Dominos are better for flavour, but I can eat a large and be hungry again an hour later. PJ's are a close second for flavour but I feel full after eating one. I will agree though, PJ's garlic dip is like dipping the crusts into lard. Pizza hut don't do any pizzas that appeal to me, so I would have to rate them 3rd.
1)

http://i.imgur.com/1V5o9MB.jpg

2)

http://i.imgur.com/db0aOPQ.jpg

3)

http://i.imgur.com/vYg6jNd.jpg
Papa Johns. Every time.

If I wanted supermarket frozen pizza quality I would get Dominoes.

If I wanted to sit in a room full of screaming kids I would have a Pizza Hut.

darkstryder360

If I wanted to sit in a room full of screaming kids I would have a Pizza … If I wanted to sit in a room full of screaming kids I would have a Pizza Hut.

Pfffff! Get with the times (wo)man!

pizzahut.co.uk/del…ry/
RossD89

Pfffff! Get with the times (wo)man!http://www.pizzahut.co.uk/delivery/

Not one near by. I would have to go pick it up, and sit in the room while screaming kids come in and out!
Now that my local Pizza Express does takeaway, it's there for me on the three or four occasions in the year that I'll have a pizza, the extra thin base pepperoni one is my favourite
All the others are too greasy/have too thick bases, although I used to prefer Papa John's to both Dominos and Pizza Hut.
Sick of them all tbh

Dominoes is highly overpriced and their pizza makes me go to sleep. Too much sugar in the tomatoe sauce? Their stuffed crust is awful, well nice if you like overpower of garlic flavour. The stuffed cheese balls are nice.

Pizza hut refuse to deliver 3 miles to me, i have collected a couple of times and eaten in but its nothing special. Stuffed crust is better than dominoes. Deserts a little better than dominoes.

Papa johns i have not tried it for 10+ years. So is this recommended to try then?

Random local pizza shop is where we go to.
(1) My own (2) Pizza Hut (3) Dominoes (4) Papa Johns

I find 'Papa Johns' pizza rather salty. (make me thirsty)

Tend to make my own as much better.

Had my first (and last) Papa John's pizza earlier this week. They only covered 2/3 of the pizza with topping, and the topping they put on was very sparse so I won't be going back there.
all are pretty rank

Dr oetker
I'd rather buy a Pizza Express pizza from Tesco along with a pack of dough balls these days! If I had to pick a takeaway though, I'd go with an Italian Pizza Hut followed by a Dominos Double Decadence. Wouldn't touch Papa Johns with a barge pole, eughhhh!
Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 18th May 2014
roof30

Had my first (and last) Papa John's pizza earlier this week. They only … Had my first (and last) Papa John's pizza earlier this week. They only covered 2/3 of the pizza with topping, and the topping they put on was very sparse so I won't be going back there.

Same with all, dominoes though you pay for double topping..think it is £2? and you get the same or less than single topping. Its crazy. Once 2 slices were completely bare of cheese and toppings, we complained and got guess what? diddly squat.

Best to avoid.
I prefer to make my own. Better than shop / takeaway bought and a fraction of the cost and you havent had all sorts fingering your food

depends where I can get a 50% off voucher for the night we want pizza, pizza hut sides are better for sure though..when they get the order right

sickly sweet

I bought a £20 papa johns voucher off eBay for £7 which is why I tried t … I bought a £20 papa johns voucher off eBay for £7 which is why I tried them rather than dominoes. The extra extra large pizza is HUGE. Genuinely huge not just very large!!The 'special' garlic dip is absolutely revolting, but the garlic and herb dip is nice. I only have pizza about twice a year and usually buy it because it's been a long week and want someone else to cook X)I'm not a vegetarian but always go for the veggie ones. I had Pizza Hut in store about two years ago and vowed never to return, it was nasty.

if you only have pizza twice a year..perhaps make a thread about something else..like bread? warburtons, hovis or kingsmill? GO!
American pizza slice! Hell yeah!!!
1) asda American sizzler 2) pizza hut 3) dominos 4) never come across a papa John's!
papa johns do feta cheese and anchovis

so papa johns FTW
All horrible! Prefer supermarkets finest range by a long long way (or visiting Italy)
Dominoes for the Pizza, but I do like Papa John's and their would go for their jalapeno bites over pizza any day... bit a big fan of Pizza Hut. I agree about that special garlic being rank SS.
Which are Halal?
Geemac

Which are Halal?

pizza express
Greggs
this question has really got me thinking!

personally I think Dominos has the best crust, Papa John's uses the best Cheese and Pizza Hut has the Best Sauce!
Definitely dominos is best for me. Not a fan of supermarket pizza's (they almost always disappoint) and not keen on Pizza hut. No idea what papa john's is like. Other independent pizza takeaways in my area aren't nice either although I haven' tried all of their pizza's.

Surprised by the domino's hate but perhaps my local is a good example of one..
Pizza hut. Waitrose. Home made. In that order. Papa john's are not good and over priced. £16.99 for a large is to much. Hate the large crust to as prefer my topping to the edge. Pay around £12 for 2 medium Pizzas at pizza hut takeaway and very good. Always look for offers though.
Dominos, pizza hut are ok,

Don't like the look of the people making them in papa johns.
Iceland £1 oven done £'s saved
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants