Groups

dominos hacked change passwords

Had this email from dominos. They have been hacked saying to change email and check your bank account

21 Comments

Original Poster

Dear Customer,

This is an important announcement about your cyber security.

As you may be aware, a growing number of websites have recently been compromised by breaches in their cyber security. In many cases, a user’s email address and password are obtained from one website, and then used to access others. This is because people often use the same login details across multiple online accounts.

This has happened to a small handful of our customers recently, and that’s why we’re contacting you now.

To be absolutely clear, we have no evidence to suggest there has been a breach of Domino’s systems. Whilst it’s unlikely you have been impacted, we are now advising that you take the following precautionary steps to secure your information:
    Change your account password as soon as possible
    Check your bank account for any suspicious activity
    Notify your bank immediately if you suspect any unusual activity may have taken place
    We continue to advise all of our customers to use a different and unique password for each of their online accounts. This reduces the chances of accounts being accessed if one of their passwords becomes compromised.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Services Team via the ‘Contact Us’ page on the dominos.co.uk website.

Yours sincerely,

Stephen McBride

Head of Customer Services

Thanks for posting, just sent my son a message about the hack.

Re-read the email.

They say they have not been hacked. Simply, other people have been hacked and you share details on Dominos with the other source.

I ordered from there last week oh no

plebbygiraffe

Re-read the email.They say they have not been hacked. Simply, other … Re-read the email.They say they have not been hacked. Simply, other people have been hacked and you share details on Dominos with the other source.

Too late message sent oO

Original Poster

Yahoo also said they were not hacked. .... 1 billion accounts later

Sounds like they know its their system thats been hacked, but they refuse to accept that being true. So instead of sorting it out, they want you to sort out your account password. I think dominoes will know for sure if their system has been compromised, there's security and enough evidence to show if someone has gained access to their servers.

If its not their system thats been hacked, then like they say, it may be an account which one of dominoes customers has on say.. (for argument sake).. flubit, the hacker has simply used that username/password to log into other accounts with other companies, such as dominoes. But it would still mean flubits(again for argument sake) severs have been hacked.

Oh and when i order domino's i never register, hence why i've not got this email from them and therefore cannot be hacked on domino's.

Whats the need to register with a pizza company?. No reason, why do it?.
    Edited by: "J4GG4" 16th Dec 2016

Banned

When did you get the email?

With so many accounts hacked. Might as well get rid of accounts and just buy in cash? I pop in pizza place, pay cash, no account is needed, no hack.

Original Poster

Received at 21.22 tonight

splender

With so many accounts hacked. Might as well get rid of accounts and just … With so many accounts hacked. Might as well get rid of accounts and just buy in cash? I pop in pizza place, pay cash, no account is needed, no hack.

Honestly what are these acne suffering freaks actually going to obtain from you? **** all.

Is it a scam ? think Dominos should make an announcement publicly I never trust an email supposedly sent from big companies

Banned

Thanks for the heads up. Changed mine after I got the email too.

Im guessing they've sent this off the back of the Yahoo! hack announcement. I dont think Dominos has been compromised

Heather36

Is it a scam ? think Dominos should make an announcement publicly I never … Is it a scam ? think Dominos should make an announcement publicly I never trust an email supposedly sent from big companies

There's no links to click, so unlikely

kirstie2806

Yahoo also said they were not hacked. .... 1 billion accounts later

Yeah all these big companies being hacked. I think it's only going to get worse. Yahoo get knocked down and the rest are going to fall like.........

VDisillusioned

Yeah all these big companies being hacked. I think it's only going to get … Yeah all these big companies being hacked. I think it's only going to get worse. Yahoo get knocked down and the rest are going to fall like.........

Yahoo continued to use ancient security protocols, failed to use encryption or salting of data hashes, AND used an obsolete encryption algorithm for a decade after it was known it was broken; their systems have been an open book to hackers for a long time - the whole company is a joke.
    As for not knowing about the 2013 hack, that is a plain lie, people were screaming it at them, as everyone and their cat had their Yahoo email hijacked in early 2013.

KFC was hacked last week.

everything is 'hackable' with enough time, patience and resource.

adamspencer95

everything is 'hackable' with enough time, patience and resource.

Use fictional dob, names, address, telephone, different security questions with rubbish answers on assumption they hack one day.

J4GG4

Sounds like they know its their system thats been hacked, but they refuse … Sounds like they know its their system thats been hacked, but they refuse to accept that being true.

That's not the way it sounded to me.

J4GG4

So instead of sorting it out, they want you to sort out your account … So instead of sorting it out, they want you to sort out your account password.

That's the best and least painful way to do it for the user.

J4GG4

I think dominoes will know for sure if their system has been compromised, … I think dominoes will know for sure if their system has been compromised, there's security and enough evidence to show if someone has gained access to their servers.

You have no idea what you're talking about here.

J4GG4

If its not their system thats been hacked, then like they say, it may be … If its not their system thats been hacked, then like they say, it may be an account which one of dominoes customers has on say.. (for argument sake).. flubit, the hacker has simply used that username/password to log into other accounts with other companies, such as dominoes. But it would still mean flubits(again for argument sake) severs have been hacked.

No, it doesn't.

J4GG4

Oh and when i order domino's i never register, hence why i've not got … Oh and when i order domino's i never register, hence why i've not got this email from them and therefore cannot be hacked on domino's.

Did you ever give them your credit card number?

J4GG4

Whats the need to register with a pizza company?. No reason, why do it?.

Offers?

Arm chair security 'experts'.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047077
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553746
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1838
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7041336

See more discussions