Dominos vs Pizza Hut vs Frozen from supermarket

Found 25th Mar 2013
Do you think that.
domino's and pizza hut is worth the money compared to say a £3 premium supermarket pizza like Chicago town or goodfellers pizza
marks out of 10 please for each.

HeroDeveloper Edit: Moved to Misc.
Community Updates
27 Comments
Me Dominos 8/10 taste 4/10 price
Pizza Hut 9/10 taste 4/10 price
Chicago Town / Goodfellers 7/10 taste 9/10 price
Edited by: "natty11" 25th Mar 2013
I think the Sainsburys counter ones are lovely. For an extra £1 they will cook it for you as well. (might be cold by the time you get it home lol )
Most frozen pizza's are disgusting imo with one exception - The chicago town takeaway pizza. I think its nicer than dominos, although at £4 it is more expensive for a frozen pizza and weirdly the crust is filled with tomato when I'd rather cheese.

Make your own... And I don't mean buy a base and chuck cheese on it either...
Yes.
Domino's - 8 out of 10 must have the herb dip though.
Pizza Hut - The proper instore ones 8 out of 10. The take away ones though are very different and are quite disgusting, at least in my area 4 out of 10.
Goodfella's - 7 out of 10.
ASDA (My closest supermarket) - 5 out of 10, never tried the ones they make for you though, only the frozen ones.
I never buy Dominos at RRP. Either I use a valid code (used to get 50% off over £40/50 or I don't get it.
the frozen pizzas you get from the supermarket are good so long as you don't overcook them. top tip, try grilling them instead of putting the oven on, the base stays sort of doughy. fancy a pizza now.
Retro89

Domino's - 8 out of 10 must have the herb dip though.Pizza Hut - The … Domino's - 8 out of 10 must have the herb dip though.Pizza Hut - The proper instore ones 8 out of 10. The take away ones though are very different and are quite disgusting, at least in my area 4 out of 10.Goodfella's - 7 out of 10.ASDA (My closest supermarket) - 5 out of 10, never tried the ones they make for you though, only the frozen ones.

The Asda CYO pizzas are really good
Dominos is tasty, and ASDAs pizzas are good too Those Ristorante pizzas are decent too. Dont like Pizza Hut much at all, Chicago Town is kinda ok.....
Not too keen on frozen pizza but I agree the sainsburys pizza counter ones are lovely. Papa Johns takeaway pizza is the nicest but there aren't many branches :-)
Not a huge fan of frozen pizzas, but the Goodfellas Hotfella is great if you like hot pizzas.

All of them disgusting, make your own. Tasty, cheap and healthy.
I wouldn't buy any of them at full price - whoever puts a discount voucher through my letterbox gets my trade.
Pizza Hut is best though, Dominos too floppy
A few of the larger Tesco extra stores are doing freshly made to order pizza now. Absolutely rammed with topping 2 for £4 or £2.50 each, with 4 topping per Pizza not including the tomato sauce and a huge handful of cheese.

I'm sure the portions will drop once it's rolled out nationally, but why they are promoting them, Jump in and take advantage as they are outstanding value and really nice.
Best supermarket pizza are the Waitrose ones, usually on @ 2 for £5.
Asdas freshly made meat feast every time for me! 2 for $4
Another vote for Sainsburys fresh counter pizzas.
I used to buy Dominos or Chicago Town Takeaway.
Edited by: "MBeeching" 25th Mar 2013
used to not mind the dr oetker frozen pizzas but that was pushing it, gotta be fresh and definitely not dominoes/pizza hut

mad pizza for me atm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Odc8Htm0ADc/TlThLev3IxI/AAAAAAAAb5U/2lsJKEb-mkg/s1600/20110526_5141-Mad-Pizza-%25C3%25A9-Bar_Tibia-pizza---Shredd-lamb-shank%252C-grilled-eggplant%252C-red-onion-and-rocket-leaves-with-yoghurt-dressing-%2528%252419.20%252C-13-inch%2529.jpg
Asda create your own very good. I'll need to try sainsbury's
Local pub make the nicest pizza I've had, really thin and some nice toppings.

Duck, cucumber, spring onion and hoi sin sauce is a favourite
I cannot understand why the Chicago Town Takeaway goes to all the effort of having a stuffed crust and put sauce in it. Had they put cheese in then they would have a monopoly on frozen pizza.
Having Chicago all cheese frozen right now. For the price it isn't worth it, all I can taste is mixed herbs, mainly oregano, with lots of tomato. By lots I mean.. It's in the crust in a thick wad with loads under the tiny floating island of cheese. Dominoes is at least nice, as an occasional treat, but incredibly pricey consider the lack of real prep.
Anyone mentioned Dr Otker Restaurante pizza? I prefer them to domino's or Pizza Hut!
ei8hty5ive

Anyone mentioned Dr Otker Restaurante pizza? I prefer them to domino's or … Anyone mentioned Dr Otker Restaurante pizza? I prefer them to domino's or Pizza Hut!

yes they have and no they are tasteless!
Dominos make me ill .
Pizza Hut is good with voucher codes lol.
Chicago town are good :).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions