Donald Trump's state visit to Britain put on hold. US president told Theresa May he did not want trip to go ahead if there were large-scale public protests.

Found 11th Jun
Donald Trump has told Theresa May in a phone call he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the British public supports him coming.

The US president said he did not want to come if there were large-scale protests and his remarks in effect put the visit on hold for some time.

The call was made in recent weeks, according to a Downing Street adviser who was in the room. The statement surprised May, according to those present.

theguardian.com/us-…_gu

1. Misc
  2. Scale
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Scale
Top comments

bro631

Why is this on hotukdeals

For the love of Pete! Why does someone say this on every misc thread at the moment?!

Probably can't be bothered to deal with all the cry babies we have in this country.

you_gotta_be_kidding

greatest leader of our time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq/giphy-downsized-large.gif

greatest leader of our time. such a shame, in 20-30 years time you'll all be wishing you listened. This country will only get worse.
36 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.tsffl.com/uploads/5/0/5/4/50544985/7725422_orig.gif

What a pussy!

greatest leader of our time. such a shame, in 20-30 years time you'll all be wishing you listened. This country will only get worse.

He is delaying the opportunity to grab the Conservative & Unionist Negotiating Team which may not be around for long.

Probably can't be bothered to deal with all the cry babies we have in this country.

bro631

For those that choose to read misc section.

bro631

For the love of Pete! Why does someone say this on every misc thread at the moment?!

bro631

​I'm sure someone will enlighten you

Does that mean we will have to keep a constant presence near every airfield, one man with one pitchfork at each 24\7 just in case he tries to sneek in unnoticed

**he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the British public supports him coming**
How will we know when that time comes? The guy isn't particularly popular outside his own country (or Russia).

Good riddance. Trump is a moron.

bro631

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p457/gatomjp/Why-are-you-here.jpg

Destard

**he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the … **he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the British public supports him coming**How will we know when that time comes? The guy isn't particularly popular inside his own country (or Russia).

Fixed

bro631

Welcome to the darkside.

That is the Guardians take on it they are of course a left news site.

Now look at the Daily Express same story but a right news site.

"Fears of second general election SPIKE Donald Trump’s state visit to UK"

PRESIDENT Donald Trump’s state visit to the UK is likely to be delayed amid fears there could be a second general election as soon as October.

express.co.uk/new…sit

---
Just shows how both these news site's are so unbiased !!
Edited by: "shasnir" 11th Jun

shasnir

That is the Guardians take on it they are of course a left news site.Now … That is the Guardians take on it they are of course a left news site.Now look at the Daily Express same story but a right news site."Fears of second general election SPIKE Donald Trump’s state visit to UK"PRESIDENT Donald Trump’s state visit to the UK is likely to be delayed amid fears there could be a second general election as soon as October.https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/815531/election-2017-news-theresa-may-donald-trump-state-visit---Just shows how both these news site's are so unbiased !!

Another right news site has this:
dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

Original Poster

shasnir

That is the Guardians take on it they are of course a left news site.Now … That is the Guardians take on it they are of course a left news site.Now look at the Daily Express same story but a right news site."Fears of second general election SPIKE Donald Trump’s state visit to UK"PRESIDENT Donald Trump’s state visit to the UK is likely to be delayed amid fears there could be a second general election as soon as October.https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/815531/election-2017-news-theresa-may-donald-trump-state-visit---Just shows how both these news site's are so unbiased !!

cbc.ca/new…615

Apparently May's Office has said there have been no change of plans so I guess it could be fake news. We'll find out over the days to come.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 11th Jun

tempt

Another right news site has … Another right news site has this:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4593318/Trump-won-t-UK-Brits-don-t-like-him.html

Now look at where they got their story.

The call was made at some point in recent weeks, shocking the British leader an insider close to her told The Guardian.

cdm22

For the love of Pete! Why does someone say this on every misc thread at … For the love of Pete! Why does someone say this on every misc thread at the moment?!

I know! Is it something to do with the supposed new site? (Still the same old site for me).

not sure why he was offered a "state visit" in the first place.

Will be interesting to see if he makes it to the UK as President.

vile man with vile views imo

derekduggan4 m ago

not sure why he was offered a "state visit" in the first place.Will be …not sure why he was offered a "state visit" in the first place.Will be interesting to see if he makes it to the UK as President. vile man with vile views imo

Might be something to do with him being POTUS and that every POTUS before him has had a state visit.
Each to their own opinion.

I can't imagine it's to do with protests because he'll be protested by decent people in every civilised country.

I'd imagine it's more to do with a potential election.

stuarthanley

Might be something to do with him being POTUS and that every POTUS before … Might be something to do with him being POTUS and that every POTUS before him has had a state visit. Each to their own opinion.

I think visit over state visit is getting confused.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…_II

Good idea to upset Trump

He may be a moron but we need him on side for a good deal. Still let the cry babies screw that up as well. As annoying as he is he is the ELECTED President, deal with it!

tregs

Donald Trump: 'No change' to UK state visit plans, says No 10

Yes that's correct, this headline by the Guardian and the Daily Express is FAKE NEWS and they still haven't corrected it.

reuters.com/art…0Q2

Quite difficult to do a photoshot of T and Khan having a swell time in London.
Risky for T to tweet to Khan and Khan tweets back during state visit.

you_gotta_be_kidding

greatest leader of our time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq/giphy-downsized-large.gif

cdm22

For the love of Pete! Why does someone say this on every misc thread at … For the love of Pete! Why does someone say this on every misc thread at the moment?!

Ban them. Ban them all.

He is afraid the British atmosphere might turn him into a script following, dont-dare-to-say-it, play-it-safe, highly entitled droid.

He doesn't really help himself when he decides to misquote people on Twitter etc.

Maybe he doesn't fancy getting blown up or run over, such as happens on a monthly basis in the UK

unreality

Maybe he doesn't fancy getting blown up or run over, such as happens on a … Maybe he doesn't fancy getting blown up or run over, such as happens on a monthly basis in the UK

​more likely to be shot in Merica.

CoeK

more likely to be shot in Merica.

By a Brit.

Fred.Smith

By a Brit.

Everyone.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247579
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710976
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1318
    4. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…45

See more discussions