Donate Your Nectar Points for the fight against Coronavirus

Posted 10th Apr
3438887-uU5da.jpg
Comic Relief and BBC Children in Need have joined forces for the very first time to run “The Big Night In Appeal” to help raise funds to support vulnerable groups in the UK.

To support this appeal, Sainsbury’s are working in partnership with Comic Relief to raise funds from Thursday 9th April to Friday 1st May, to support vulnerable people in local communities across the UK who will be most impacted by the coronavirus crisis. What’s more, every penny, pound and point donated by Sainsbury’s customers will be matched by Sainsbury’s. As part of the Sainsbury’s business, Argos, Nectar and Habitat are also taking part in the appeal to maximise the donations made.

You can donate your nectar points through the app. 500 (£2.50), 1000 (£5), or 2000 (£10) points, nectar will match the donation so you are effectively giving double the amount.

comicrelief.com/sainsburys/
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
Have the BBC themselves donated anything to the NHS seeing as the News channels are making an absolute killing in reporting the outbreak and the vastly increased viewership of said channels
Mods, move this to deals please as this will get HOT!!!
camilesno110/04/2020 11:16

Mods, move this to deals please as this will get HOT!!!

I posted it as a deal and they moved it to discussion 😞
This is such a great idea but given that many people are struggling financially at the moment then I don’t think many of
that would normally donate to a charity will be able to afford it. Sadly for some they are probably having to use their saved up nectar points for shopping.

Hopefully the ones that can afford it will donate their points as it’s a great way to help.
*many of them that would
XSerenityX10/04/2020 11:49

This is such a great idea but given that many people are struggling …This is such a great idea but given that many people are struggling financially at the moment then I don’t think many of that would normally donate to a charity will be able to afford it. Sadly for some they are probably having to use their saved up nectar points for shopping.Hopefully the ones that can afford it will donate their points as it’s a great way to help.

Yes, exactly, I don't think this charity begging is really fair when most ppl will be struggling already. I have more empathy for things like Humble Bundle where you can donate but at the same time get something in return, a kind of win-win if you will, but this scheme just asks you to give up your hard earned (I find them very hard to build up) nectar points without any prospect of seeing anything come of your donation.

Sorry if that last bit seems harsh but lets get real here, there have been several high profile millionaires making huge donations to the fight against Corona virus yet it still has us utterly beat, somehow I don't think a few nectar points in the pot will suddenly tip the scales in our favour (wish it would don't get me wrong but just doesn't seem realistic).

Hate to be harsh but I can only see this depriving ppl of their hard earned nectar points when they need them the most...
Edited by: "ST3123" 10th Apr
ST312310/04/2020 15:32

Yes, exactly, I don't think this charity begging is really fair when most …Yes, exactly, I don't think this charity begging is really fair when most ppl will be struggling already. I have more empathy for things like Humble Bundle where you can donate but at the same time get something in return, a kind of win-win if you will, but this scheme just asks you to give up your hard earned (I find them very hard to build up) nectar points without any prospect of seeing anything come of your donation. Sorry if that last bit seems harsh but lets get real here, there have been several high profile millionaires making huge donations to the fight against Corona virus yet it still has us utterly beat, somehow I don't think a few nectar points in the pot will suddenly tip the scales in our favour (wish it would don't get me wrong but just doesn't seem realistic). Hate to be harsh but I can only see this depriving ppl of their hard earned nectar points when they need them the most...

To be fair, charity donations will go to people who are in even more in need than us. Pretty sure if we're shopping at Sainsbury's, we can spare £2.50 worth of nectar points without keeling over.

If anything the current situation in the UK should give people more empathy to those who are already struggling to buy food regardless of coronavirus worries.

Not everyone will have enough point, i get that, but I know for a fact a few of my colleagues had £50-60 worth
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions