Found 22nd Jul 2010
Hi,
I am currently clearing out our house and have come across revision and school books which we do not need, and want to donate them to charity, does anyone know which charities will accept them considering the books are at least 4-5 years old now and the syllabuses would have changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

1. Misc
  2. Book
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Book
4 Comments

Take them to a charity shop near a suitable school or university - they would be delighted, I imagine.

Original Poster

Thank you for the quick reply, what about those charities that posts the bags through the door are they are genuine?

Thank you

why don't you try the local school or college ? the college i wourk at has a hardship fund for students - and they'd love something like that to help out students who are struggling

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

If you read the small print on the bag most aren't even charities

Yeah I realised this too, apart from the small print what else exactly should I look out for or maybe a safer bet is taking it to a charity shop or a school as suggested by lucerysmum.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769236
    2. Misco about to go into administration88
    3. EA shuts down Visceral Games.22
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564099

See more discussions