Found 6th Nov 2006
Hi,

Where is the cheapest place to buy a dongle that will be compatible with the Acer 5102 laptop I have ordered from Comet?

Also, I’m not too too familiar with Dongles, can anyone recommend which type to go for.

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Dongle
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Dongle
16 Comments

erm... whats a dongle ?

Banned

usb dongle is a little jobby you insert in one of the usb ports on your putor, and with the wizzy software stuff, your putor can talk to your phone via blue tooth and transfer say tunes to your mobile etc they are very good and well cheap .. ;-)

Bobbajob

erm... whats a dongle ?

God knows why they are called dongle's but they're the small USB sticks used for bluetooth, WIFI etc :thumbsup:

what type of dongle? bluetooth, wifi, perume scented :lol:

dog_cop

your putor can talk to your phone

C'mon there not THAT clever :giggle:

Original Poster Banned

I would like to transfer pictures/videos from my mobile phone on to the laptop

Original Poster Banned

I thought all Dongles would be compatible but reading on the 5102 thread on notebook review, some dongles were not working with the laptop

Original Poster Banned

No-one knows of any good deals?

I got mine on ebay and it has been really good. Cost under a tenner i think.

Just bear in mind that they are a little difficult to install in windowsXP so if you get one feel free to PM me and ill give you instructions if you get stuck.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks Markwills

Original Poster Banned

Hi,

I have found one for £7.79 here including delivery.

techfocus.co.uk/usb…tml

An Infrared, oooo!

$8 USD inc. FREE International Delivery. Used these guys before, very good!

Pay by Paypal, then you don't have to pay any Currency Conversion rates!

ledshoppe.com/Pro…htm

hotuk

Hi,I have found one for £7.79 here including … Hi,I have found one for £7.79 here including delivery.]http://www.techfocus.co.uk/usb-irda-infrared-dongle-p-146.html

HI
THIS IS INFRARED DONGLE AND NOT BLUETOOTH:thinking:

MattC

An Infrared, oooo!$8 USD inc. FREE International Delivery. Used these … An Infrared, oooo!$8 USD inc. FREE International Delivery. Used these guys before, very good!Pay by Paypal, then you don't have to pay any Currency Conversion rates!]http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA3002.htm

HI
THIS IS INFRARED DONGLE AND NOT BLUETOOTH:thinking:

Yes, what's the need for a double post?

The Original Poster, Hotuk suggested the infrared for him/herself! At what point did he or she mention bluetooth?

Do not jump to conclusions - clearly she doesn't want a Bluetooth one!

Original Poster Banned

Sorry, for not making myself clear, I did mean Bluetooth (not too familiar with this dongle thing).

Argos are doing one for £9.99 for a 10m range, is this any good?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.2736
    2. Black friday mobile deals22
    3. BBC4 Vietnam War66
    4. Aliexpress - To be trusted?45

See more discussions