Dongle overcharging

Found 10th May
Hi I really need some help, my son has been charged over £1300 for the last 3 months, he has a business dongle 30g and has not gone over that limit, yet they are taking an average of £300 a month out of his bank, Anyone else had problems like this and do you know how much he would have to pay to cancel please.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Who is he with? There is something seriously sub here. Deny the company access to his accounts, so they can't take any more monies, before you do anything else.
mrty6 m ago

Who is he with? There is something seriously sub here. Deny the company …Who is he with? There is something seriously sub here. Deny the company access to his accounts, so they can't take any more monies, before you do anything else.

He is with O2, They said they will investigate on the 17th of this month but its absolutely unreal,Is he within his rights to deny them access, as thats what I wouldve done straight away.
beverley.davies2 h, 31 m ago

He is with O2, They said they will investigate on the 17th of this month …He is with O2, They said they will investigate on the 17th of this month but its absolutely unreal,Is he within his rights to deny them access, as thats what I wouldve done straight away.

only if he wishes to screw up his credit rating with missed payments.

clearly he's using the over his allotted limit, using it for streaming films or something? 30gb will quickly be used up, and the excess fees rack up quickly if he's on a per MB rate, £250 will only be 1 or 2gb in extra usage, whcih is only a coupe of films

cancellation fees will be the remaining months contract price minus VAT, they cant charge VAT on a service that is not being provided, so if he has 12 months left it'll be 12 x monthly fee - VAT
Edited by: "eset12345" 10th May
What is the measuring implement for "not gone over that limit"; o2 account or a 3rd-party on-device app? My previous experience with o2 account bandwidth monitor suggested it was fair and accurate. Don't all o2 business accounts have charges breakdown available to view online? Where does the account suggest the additional charges are being accrued (usage, insurance, bolt-ons, etc)?
To expand previous comment about the information available via online o2 business account: my 02 business account provides daily and monthly usage summaries, updated daily. Access to the service via desktop using Chrome browser typically provides best experience for functions as indicated at
myo2business.tmtx.co.uk/en/…tml
or generally: myo2business.tmtx.co.uk/en/…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions