Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
That must be some hangover you've got
26 Comments
That must be some hangover you've got
Potential Darwin Award candidate!
Edited by: "ccnp" 7th May
Yes you can re-heat it in a microwave but I wouldn't want to risk eating it!!!
Most Donna's I had were always hot even after few days
and the award for the one post troll up goes to this thread and i claim my emoji
love the ppl that actually think this is real
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 7th May
Yeah it will be absolutely fine! How long do you think it takes the chippie to finish that big chunk that sits there day in day out.

Yours was more than likely stored in the fridge too
Poor Donna :')
donna meat would be a great stage name
deleted396333
Please tell me you signed up just to ask this
I wouldn't unless you want food poisoning. Seriously...don't eat old donner meat.
EN1GMA1 h, 56 m ago

donna meat would be a great stage name

Would go very well with sticky Vicky!
Have you learnt how to walk yet?
Yes I do it all the time and never had an issue
I've waited longer but it was kept in the fridge
Just eating a Morrison's kebab , £1.97 a bag
bbfb1237 h, 53 m ago

I wouldn't unless you want food poisoning. Seriously...don't eat old …I wouldn't unless you want food poisoning. Seriously...don't eat old donner meat.

Even more seriously... Don't eat Doner meat at all! I used to work on the meat industry, packing meat for the largest supermarket chain. All the meat that was rejected went to a company that makes doner meat. This includes all the skin, meat rejected because it had glands in it, strange smell, out of date, poor storage (unrefrigerated for too long). This could not be sold to pet food companies as it didn't meet their quality requirements.

Happy Saturday night everyone.

Unhappy Sunday....
Edited by: "mrty" 7th May
Yes, You can reheat all meat in the microwave after 2 days
Edited by: "tregs" 7th May
mrty14 h, 4 m ago

Even more seriously... Don't eat Doner meat at all! I used to work on the …Even more seriously... Don't eat Doner meat at all! I used to work on the meat industry, packing meat for the largest supermarket chain. All the meat that was rejected went to a company that makes doner meat. This includes all the skin, meat rejected because it had glands in it, strange smell, out of date, poor storage (unrefrigerated for too long). This could not be sold to pet food companies as it didn't meet their quality requirements.Happy Saturday night everyone. Unhappy Sunday....

How's that possible? If it didn't meet quality requirements for pets how was it fit for human consumption and used for doner kebabs? Wasn't this company ever inspected or something?
hearts221 h, 16 m ago

How's that possible? If it didn't meet quality requirements for pets how …How's that possible? If it didn't meet quality requirements for pets how was it fit for human consumption and used for doner kebabs? Wasn't this company ever inspected or something?

The regulations for pet food are stricter than they are for human consumption. We dealt in 'primals', which are the carcass cut up into manageable portions. For examples cases of whole oxtails, which was cut up and packaged for retail. Whole silverside which was cut up into about 12 joints for retail, you get the idea. Yet for all that, for the 'health of the livestock ' we had to have a resident vet.. I kid you not. Nothing came on site alive yet he had to be there so we would be iso 9001 compliant.
Edited by: "mrty" 8th May
mrty1 h, 55 m ago

The regulations for pet food are stricter than they are for human …The regulations for pet food are stricter than they are for human consumption. We dealt in 'primals', which are the carcass cut up into manageable portions. For examples cases of whole oxtails, which was cut up and packaged for retail. Whole silverside which was cut up into about 12 joints for retail, you get the idea. Yet for all that, for the 'health of the livestock ' we had to have a resident vet.. I kid you not. Nothing came on site alive yet he had to be there so we would be iso 9001 compliant.

They are not as stringent as human consumption controls - that's absolute nonsense.
What I tell you is true. I was a QA technician, responsible for overseeing adherence to all legislation. That includes weights and measures, labeling, health and hygiene, and iso9001 compliance. And what I said about a vet is 100% true.
moob1 h, 44 m ago

They are not as stringent as human consumption controls - that's absolute …They are not as stringent as human consumption controls - that's absolute nonsense.

All ingredients used for pet food has to be fit for human consumption according to EU requirements. But regulations require that pet food that contains by-products be labeled as "Not for human consumption" even though such by-products have to be derived from animals declared fit for human consumption.
Pet food
karlypants7th May

Would go very well with sticky Vicky!

You're bringing back memories
mrty8 h, 27 m ago

All ingredients used for pet food has to be fit for human consumption …All ingredients used for pet food has to be fit for human consumption according to EU requirements. But regulations require that pet food that contains by-products be labeled as "Not for human consumption" even though such by-products have to be derived from animals declared fit for human consumption.Pet food

Nothing to do with Donner meat but quite a few years ago I did some sub contract work for mars pet food in birstall, the firm was on a annual close down but the hygiene standards on entering the manufacturing area were unbelievable. It was pointed out at the time, if they poisoned someone's pet it could kill their business, if you poisoned a human it's forgivable.
mrty21 h, 8 m ago

All ingredients used for pet food has to be fit for human consumption …All ingredients used for pet food has to be fit for human consumption according to EU requirements. But regulations require that pet food that contains by-products be labeled as "Not for human consumption" even though such by-products have to be derived from animals declared fit for human consumption.Pet food

Where in what you've posted does that state the regulations are more stringent?
moob1 h, 12 m ago

Where in what you've posted does that state the regulations are more …Where in what you've posted does that state the regulations are more stringent?

OK, work it out. Meat that is substandard, ie cannot be used 'as is' did not go to petfood companies when rejected by the meat packaging company - because it was not good enough for them. Instead it went to a Very large doner manufacturer, to be made into doners for human consumption.
mrty9th May

OK, work it out. Meat that is substandard, ie cannot be used 'as is' did …OK, work it out. Meat that is substandard, ie cannot be used 'as is' did not go to petfood companies when rejected by the meat packaging company - because it was not good enough for them. Instead it went to a Very large doner manufacturer, to be made into doners for human consumption.

It's easy to work out - you're confusing food standards with food hygiene.

What you're referring to is a company having a meat specification protocol to uphold their standards - it is not regulation, it is a manufacturer's policy - they don't regulate...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants