Don't book your Summer holiday to Colombia just yet!

Found 4th JulEdited by:"Predikuesi"
Colombia players receive death threats on social media after losing to England at World Cup 2018. Colombians urged for calm after the two players who missed penalties against England suffered death threats from furious fans on social media. Vile messages targeting Mateus Uribe and Carlos Bacca started to appear within minutes of Colombia being knocked out of the World Cup following the dramatic shoot-out. Uribe’s penalty hit the crossbar while Bacca’s attempt was saved by hero England goalkeeper Pickford. Mostly aimed at Bacca who fans thought took the worse penalty and played badly, the posts warned the players they were “dead’, urged them to kill themselves and told them not to return to the South American country. Many outraged football fans pointed out that yesterday was the 24th anniversary of the death of Andres Escobar, who was shot dead after his own goal was blamed for sending Colombia home at the 1994 World Cup.
irishmirror.ie/spo…amp
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Hmmm marvelous people.
18 Comments
Hmmm marvelous people.
davewave10 m ago

Hmmm marvelous people.

Looks like there might be another shoot-out when they arrive home.
No wonder they were cheating left right and center to get the win.
Edited by: "waterloo" 4th Jul
Was always going to happen and to be honest I'm sure this broke last night, even the Mirror had it within an hour of the end of the game.

Got to love that Latin passion so just don't let your country down when you're from them parts
Why on earth would someone take a vacation/holiday to Colombia if you live in a a First world country
Edited by: "Norseg" 4th Jul
Norseg7 m ago

Why in earth would someone take a vacation/holiday to Colombia if you live …Why in earth would someone take a vacation/holiday to Colombia if you live in a a First world country

Sofia Vergara lookalikes everywhere.
Norseg14 m ago

Why in earth would someone take a vacation/holiday to Colombia if you live …Why in earth would someone take a vacation/holiday to Colombia if you live in a a First world country

The same reason most intellectual people holiday to places like Indonesia (Bali), Mexico (Cancan) and Egypt (Cairo) for the culture, the sites/historic interests, the cuisine and the sun, sea and sand (and maybe other reasons like paying respects to close relative who was KIA during WWII (Alexandria))

OK I admit I wouldn't current go to most of Mexico and now Columbia and similar countries controlled by drug cartels but Cuba is/would be my next dream
Norseg28 m ago

Why? To change an ignorant attitude in life. Maybe to visit family, learn about culture, see the world, help people, see things first hand and try and make a difference, it will also make your problems in life feel less like problems, it will make you appreciate life more. If everyone was ignorant like yourself we wouldn’t be able to promote a positive world change for other people’s lives who are less fortunate than us.
And how much grief, abuse and heartache has been piled on Southgate for the last 20 odd year?
Maybe not death threats but I’m sure the fans here were passionate and exceedingly out of order. Pre-social media thankfully or it would have been worse.
I doubt this extra distress makes any difference to the Foreign Office's advice for tourists to Columbia.

gov.uk/for…bia
Oneday7748 m ago

And how much grief, abuse and heartache has been piled on Southgate for …And how much grief, abuse and heartache has been piled on Southgate for the last 20 odd year?Maybe not death threats but I’m sure the fans here were passionate and exceedingly out of order. Pre-social media thankfully or it would have been worse.

Are you saying we can just about forgive him for his penalty now?
Edited by: "karlypants" 4th Jul
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of very sporting and fair chaps.
philphil613 h, 32 m ago

The same reason most intellectual people holiday to places like Indonesia …The same reason most intellectual people holiday to places like Indonesia (Bali), Mexico (Cancan) and Egypt (Cairo) for the culture, the sites/historic interests, the cuisine and the sun, sea and sand (and maybe other reasons like paying respects to close relative who was KIA during WWII (Alexandria))OK I admit I wouldn't current go to most of Mexico and now Columbia and similar countries controlled by drug cartels but Cuba is/would be my next dream

"Culture" and "History" yeah enjoy being kidnapped by the cartel

I don't think seeing "culture" is worth experiancing, what about India? Do you want to experiance their "culture" as well as overpopulation, very poor hygiene and 60% of the population using the streets as a toilet

I retract my statement by saying Britian is a first world country it's not anymore, it may have tons of history and culture but down the street it also has the present, it has a moped gang ready to rob you and throw acid in your throw and why is that? Because Police are not allowed to chase them if they don't wear a Helmet, they rarely do any way and maybe told to step back by the boss
And we all know which "Minority" group brought over Acid attacks but many won't admit it
Norseg45 m ago

"Culture" and "History" yeah enjoy being kidnapped by the cartelI don't …"Culture" and "History" yeah enjoy being kidnapped by the cartelI don't think seeing "culture" is worth experiancing, what about India? Do you want to experiance their "culture" as well as overpopulation, very poor hygiene and 60% of the population using the streets as a toiletI retract my statement by saying Britian is a first world country it's not anymore, it may have tons of history and culture but down the street it also has the present, it has a moped gang ready to rob you and throw acid in your throw and why is that? Because Police are not allowed to chase them if they don't wear a Helmet, they rarely do any way and maybe told to step back by the boss And we all know which "Minority" group brought over Acid attacks but many won't admit it

How did you end up bringing a “minority” group from England into the post?

Stop reading far right posts and it will stop your brain from being programmed into who to point a finger at, think for yourself.

bbc.co.uk/bbc…f91
jayonline8546 m ago

How did you end up bringing a “minority” group from England into the post? …How did you end up bringing a “minority” group from England into the post? Stop reading far right posts and it will stop your brain from being programmed into who to point a finger at, think for yourself.https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/5d38c003-c54a-4513-a369-f9eae0d52f91

I never said every attacker was a "South Asian" in the UK but in other countries that's not the case, I was talking about where it came from, they even admit it in the article (surprisingly)

'Globally, most attacks occur in South Asia, according to Shah – and this may have contributed to an assumption that London’s Asian diaspora is involved in a majority of UK attacks'
karlypants1 h, 47 m ago

Are you saying we can just about forgive him for his penalty now?

I personally don’t care, we haven’t been since 98’ My point is all football fans can get passionate. Then there is a subset of morons in all fan bases.
jayonline8551 m ago

How did you end up bringing a “minority” group from England into the post? …How did you end up bringing a “minority” group from England into the post? Stop reading far right posts and it will stop your brain from being programmed into who to point a finger at, think for yourself.https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/5d38c003-c54a-4513-a369-f9eae0d52f91

Although I agree with the main sentiments of your reply I think quoting the BBC is taking the urinate although I guess these days it's difficult to find a reliable factual news source.

Just saying
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants