Don't bother using icelolly.com

Found 27th Sep 2017Edited by:"J4GG4"
Trying to book a quick break in Portugal/Spain/Greece in October...

Called 4 or 5 providers from Icelolly.com who all say the deal on icelolly doesn't exist and the price in some cases is 200% more they quote me on the phone.

One provider took all my debit card details, only for them to call me back 20 mins later saying the flights cost a extra £69pp more. The flights don't even cost that much if i try to book it directly myself.

Icelolly = truly awful site for travel deals.

Anyone got any other recommendations?.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Holiday pirates (yaaar)
onthebeach are fairly good but not always the cheapest

olympicholidays looked good when i was looking at booking a last minute deal to Greece
I had a very similar experience with On the Beach. I tried booking a holiday with PayPal and 3 times, they made an excuse the holiday wasnt there, then magically finding it a little more expensive and then could only book over the phone with a card. Useless and would never use again.

Used Love Holiday in the end and they were superb!
Original Poster
Olympic holidays coming up extremely expensive for me.

Loveholidays/pirates/onethebeach seem to be OK.

No real deals about though for a short stay in Oct.
J4GG46 m ago

Olympic holidays coming up extremely expensive for …Olympic holidays coming up extremely expensive for me.Loveholidays/pirates/onethebeach seem to be OK.No real deals about though for a short stay in Oct.

various kids holidays in October across the country probably mean that you only have 2 of the 4 weeks with cheap deals
Love holidays did something similar to my granddaughter, changed flight to unsocial hours, failed to inform hotel of booking, really messed up her holiday. Sorry, can't recommend.
Original Poster
Used thompson in the end...

So far painless and everything going smoothly. You get extra hold luggage with them free when using their airline too.

Will totally avoid those dodgy travel sites next time around where you have to call them. I think the ones you can book online immediately are far better.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants