Don't Buy Video Games From Tesco

Just a warning to anyone out there that might consider Tesco's a good place to buy a video games from. I have received 2 games from them and both times the games have arrived in a "preowned" state. They did not come with the plastic wrap. They did not come with the official Microsoft Seal over the opening. The discs inside had finger prints on and were scratched.

They we sold as new, but arrived as second hand merchandise. You have been warned. I will never buy anything from them again.

13 Comments

Well if you want the seal etc then dont shop at Whsmiths either cause they take the disks out for security. Alot of shops do

Titchimp;1906974

Well if you want the seal etc then dont shop at Whsmiths either cause … Well if you want the seal etc then dont shop at Whsmiths either cause they take the disks out for security. Alot of shops do

Pfhh... don't buy from WH Smiths online full stop - still haven't received my pre-ordered Mario Kart from them, yet! :?

Send them back then, I never had any trouble with Tesco before:x

I wouldn't expect the game to opened from a online purchase though as I presume the OP is referring to.
Send them a email asking them why the seal was broken, and disc sold on breaking the EULA

woolworths used to do that.

Original Poster

Anytime anyone breaks the official seal (inc shops) that instantly makes the game "second hand". There is no middle ground. If a shop gives you a game that has had the seal broken, you should refuse to take it. Shops should not break the seals on games as a core policy. Don't support companies/shops that get away with this behaviour. If you change your mind within 14 days your allowed by law to return the item. But those shops will refuse to take the game if the seal has been broken (even if they sold it to you like that).

Both my local Tesco stores remove the game disks from the cases before they go on display - so if you buy one from there it is always unsealed. Its just the way some stores operate......

If you by one from Tescos ask for a sealed one (if they have any).

the big question is dose it really matter? Sealed or unsealed, if your buying them to play (not to sell) then as long as the discs are in a good condition, it shouldn't matter.

JoeUK;1907120

Anytime anyone breaks the official seal (inc shops) that instantly makes … Anytime anyone breaks the official seal (inc shops) that instantly makes the game "second hand". There is no middle ground. If a shop gives you a game that has had the seal broken, you should refuse to take it. Shops should not break the seals on games as a core policy. Don't support companies/shops that get away with this behaviour. If you change your mind within 14 days your allowed by law to return the item. But those shops will refuse to take the game if the seal has been broken (even if they sold it to you like that).

Thats ********, Its loss prevention. Sadly because some thieving pikeys refuse to buy the stores then have to make it harder for everyone else.

If Whsmith sell you a game that is unsealed they will take it back unsealed (i worked there). Asfaik game will provide their own seal if they have taken off the official one

The Wii and DS games at my local Tesco were on the shelf with no secure DVD packagaing around them and they were all factory sealed, today.

Thought it was very werid.

Take them back to Tesco, in my experience they have very good customer service.

My local Adsa, HMV, Woolworths do this. Its a common occurance just check the disc instore at the till when you buy it to make sure it has no finger prints or scratches.

JoeUK;1907120

Anytime anyone breaks the official seal (inc shops) that instantly makes … Anytime anyone breaks the official seal (inc shops) that instantly makes the game "second hand". There is no middle ground. If a shop gives you a game that has had the seal broken, you should refuse to take it. Shops should not break the seals on games as a core policy. Don't support companies/shops that get away with this behaviour. If you change your mind within 14 days your allowed by law to return the item. But those shops will refuse to take the game if the seal has been broken (even if they sold it to you like that).

I wonder what games youbought? When buying in Tesco stores they don't have the seal as they are removed before displaying on the shelf (even though they still put the security box on the game) so you would have had the same trouble in store? But the finger prints are no excuse....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game72844180
    2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …80138
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846283
    4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30401

See more discussions