Don’t Change Nintendo Account Region If Account Under 18!

Found 10th Aug
I changes my Nintendo account region to Mexico and now it will not change back to UK be careful!!!
Community Updates
13 Comments
Moved to misc as info thread. Thanks
Check if there's a waiting time between changing region, might have to wait a month.
kester761 m ago

Check if there's a waiting time between changing region, might have to …Check if there's a waiting time between changing region, might have to wait a month.

About a month ago I changed to Russia and then the next day changed back to UK and it worked but at the moment I’ve seen a few people complaining about this so I thought that it could be a change made by Nintendo recently!!
I’m really annoyed because I wanted to buy stardew valley but I’m stuck in Mexico and it won’t take my card!
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22285/~/can-i-change-the-nintendo-switch-eshop-country%3F

Looks like having a balance in a region eshop prevents changing region.
kester762 m ago

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22285/~/can-i-change-the-nintendo-switch-eshop-country%3FLooks like having a balance in a region eshop prevents changing region.

I don’t have a balance I’ve already checked!
TimeFor_Tech10th Aug

I don’t have a balance I’ve already checked!

Then welcome to Mexico my friend
Joking aside you might just of been flagged or the server that transfers regions might be lagging.
Is this new? I’ve done it loads before.
joanddan710 m ago

Is this new? I’ve done it loads before.

I dunno? It could be I’m just telling you what happened to me!
Found out if the account is under 18 you cannot change the region!! I changed the region to Mexico but because the account is under 18 I cannot change it back!!!!
TimeFor_Tech1 h, 9 m ago

I dunno? It could be I’m just telling you what happened to me!

I wasn’t having a go... I meant have they changed it.... and others do this daily so I hoped someone would pop up...

i appreciated the warning though
TimeFor_Tech12 m ago

Found out if the account is under 18 you cannot change the region!! I …Found out if the account is under 18 you cannot change the region!! I changed the region to Mexico but because the account is under 18 I cannot change it back!!!!

Ahhhhhh ok. Yeah that’s annoying.
joanddan735 m ago

Ahhhhhh ok. Yeah that’s annoying.

I’m just a bit confused because 1. I have changed it to Russia and then back to UK before and then 2. If I cannot change region because my account is under 18 why did it let me change to Mexico in e first place???
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants