Groups

Don't forget Its Random Acts of Kindness Day on February 17th

Observed on February 17th, National Random Acts of Kindness Day has grown in popularity each year. It is celebrated by individuals, groups and organisations nationwide to encourage acts of kindness.

96 Comments

Banned

& once you have done it remember the other 364 days of the year

Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 16th Feb

thought that was on the 14th of February lol

Thank you for the reminder shabbird, so little effort to do, makes people feel good ( especially you )

Original Poster

sradmad

Thank you for the reminder shabbird, so little effort to do, makes people … Thank you for the reminder shabbird, so little effort to do, makes people feel good ( especially you )

very true sradmad. There was a kindness thread here going back years . Amazing what people did.

Another pointless "awareness" day to add to the calendar...

Original Poster

thewongwing101

:Dhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/random-acts-kindness-challenge-day-1009854

trust you to find it so quickly.

Banned

RossD89

Yep.

Your favourites are "random insult a user day" & "random mark down a member on ASK day because you had issues with them 2 years ago"

Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 16th Feb

I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a good cause. For every like this comment receives, I will give £1 to charity.

The charity that shall be receiving the donation will be Cancer Research UK as my Aunt lost her battle with Cancer.

*gulp*

P.S. I will be running another competition in June for Crash Bandicoot the N'Sane Trilogy.

Morning, This has really blown up oO Because of this, I'm going to cap the donation at £100. What an achievement, guys!
    Edited by: "F.D" 17th Feb

I do kind kind things everyday, I do random things everyday. just combine the two and I'm sorted.

YouDontWantToKnow

Yep. Your favourites are "random insult a user day" & "random mark down a … Yep. Your favourites are "random insult a user day" & "random mark down a member on ASK day because you had issues with them 2 years ago"

I don't mark down anything in Ask. You must be thinking of somebody else. As for insulting people, if I have called you out on your stupid comments then it's probably because you deserved it.

Okay I will only kick the cat once instead of 3 times. (_;)

Never saw this before. What a lovely topic and such good people for doing this. I had a quick look on the link to past RAK and feel humbled and inspired by it.

FantasyDeals

I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a … I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a good cause. For every like this comment receives, I will give £1 to charity.*gulp*P.S. I will be running another competition in June for Crash Bandicoot the N'Sane Trilogy.

Such a lovely gesture FD

I don't understand, thought you had to be cruel to be kind. confused.com.

FantasyDeals

I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a … I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a good cause. For every like this comment receives, I will give £1 to charity.*gulp*P.S. I will be running another competition in June for Crash Bandicoot the N'Sane Trilogy.

Good luck with that ... my "random act of kindness" is liking your comment

maccy1

Such a lovely gesture FD

Indeed

FantasyDeals

I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a … I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a good cause. For every like this comment receives, I will give £1 to charity.The charity that shall be receiving the donation will be Cancer Research UK as my Aunt lost her battle with Cancer.*gulp*P.S. I will be running another competition in June for Crash Bandicoot the N'Sane Trilogy.

Very generous FD.
    Unlucky for you that today is "create a multi" day.

See you in June.

CookinBat

I don't understand, thought you had to be cruel to be kind. confused.com.

Sometimes you do, CB, it can indeed be confusing.

[img]images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.riffsy.com%2Fimages%2F9d3c6d32711f7a62d40cfd7bf023732c%2Fraw&f=1[/img]

RossD89

Dont forget Saturday is 'National Drink Wine' day. Hurrah!!

caped_crustation999

Drink and whine?

That's just a normal day for me X)

shabbird

trust you to find it so quickly.

Would have been quicker but watching D.I.P.
    Also 'World Human Spirit Day' tomorrow

caped_crustation999

and 'Eat Ice Cream For Breakfast Day'
    hotukdeals.com/dea…200
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 16th Feb

Original Poster

FantasyDeals

I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a … I know this can be counted as begging for likes, but it's going towards a good cause. For every like this comment receives, I will give £1 to charity.The charity that shall be receiving the donation will be Cancer Research UK as my Aunt lost her battle with Cancer.*gulp*P.S. I will be running another competition in June for Crash Bandicoot the N'Sane Trilogy.

Sorry for your loss FantasyDeals

sunday is find miles a boyfriend day, you had better all be taking part

Scoucers are the kindest of peopleTrue though, I moved down south about 3 years ago and you cant half tell the differance, people are friendly enough down here, but its not like home.

Banned

miles136

Excellent.

We will all help, I am sure, if you put a recent pic up with your location & bank balance (& maybe even your likes & dislikes if you are fussy)

miles136

HEAWD seems like a nice fella, a bit overweight maybe but still a good chap on the inside.

Now there is an issue. I now feel compelled to do a random act of kindness. The problem is though that now I know it has to be random, how can it be random? I have failed even before the day starts.

caped_crustation999

Every day is drink wine day.

miles136

​how can anyone find you a boyfriend miles, everyone knows your the only gay in the village.

psychobitchfromhell

Now there is an issue. I now feel compelled to do a random act of … Now there is an issue. I now feel compelled to do a random act of kindness. The problem is though that now I know it has to be random, how can it be random? I have failed even before the day starts.

​write down random nice things on a list, walk up to a random person, ask them to pick a random thing to do on your list.

123thisisme

HEAWD seems like a nice fella, a bit overweight maybe but still a good … HEAWD seems like a nice fella, a bit overweight maybe but still a good chap on the inside.

I think him and Ronald come as a pair.

I'm always doing random acts of kindness, but some peole just dont apppreciate it. Just last week I held the door open for a pretty young lady and all she could say was "Do you mind, I'm trying to have a pooh."

shadey12

​how can anyone find you a boyfriend miles, everyone knows your the only g … ​how can anyone find you a boyfriend miles, everyone knows your the only gay in the village.

I prefer them not to be gay , just willing or stupid

miles136

I prefer them not to be gay , just willing or stupid

lol

shadey12

​write down random nice things on a list, walk up to a random person, ask … ​write down random nice things on a list, walk up to a random person, ask them to pick a random thing to do on your list.

That could get me arrested

Banned

psychobitchfromhell

That could get me arrested

Thats only if you wink & pinch their bum at the same time

YouDontWantToKnow

Thats only if you wink & pinch their bum at the same time

I think I'll just vote every deal hot. People will be happy and I won't end up on the sex offender's register

We are a Christian nation, kindness daily is a matter of daily practice. Are you one of us or are you one of them?
    Ditto of the foregoing for all faith, creed and atheism.
    Edited by: "splender" 17th Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay47
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416146
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1116
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32165

See more discussions