Groups
    EXPIRED

Don't forget to use your old £5 notes by Friday!

For those of you who don't already know, you won't be able to use your old £5 notes in shops after tomorrow as they will cease to be legal tender. You can still take them to the bank however.

9 Comments

my kid have one of them tins that you need a tin cutter to open it. I'm sure there are some fivers in there but they weren't planning on opening til their holiday in October. Will tha bank take them then?

Original Poster

samzam

my kid have one of them tins that you need a tin cutter to open it. I'm … my kid have one of them tins that you need a tin cutter to open it. I'm sure there are some fivers in there but they weren't planning on opening til their holiday in October. Will tha bank take them then?

​Yes, apparently the bank will take them indefinitely.

samzam

my kid have one of them tins that you need a tin cutter to open it. I'm … my kid have one of them tins that you need a tin cutter to open it. I'm sure there are some fivers in there but they weren't planning on opening til their holiday in October. Will tha bank take them then?

The local bank may not but the Bank of England will always accept the money. No matter how long.
    See the thread from fanpages link

shabbird

The local bank may not but the Bank of England will always accept the … The local bank may not but the Bank of England will always accept the money. No matter how long. See the thread from fanpages link

...or this thread:

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…540 ]

Anyone considering keeping one in case they suddenly become valuable to collectors?

Original Poster

hass123

Anyone considering keeping one in case they suddenly become valuable to … Anyone considering keeping one in case they suddenly become valuable to collectors?

​Better of finding the duff new £1 coins out there that are demanding a lot of money at the moment...

Scrat

Better of finding the duff new £1 coins out there that are demanding a … Better of finding the duff new £1 coins out there that are demanding a lot of money at the moment...

Are they? I do a Sunday shift in a mates shop and have seen one a week for the last 3 or so.

Original Poster

Krooner

Are they? I do a Sunday shift in a mates shop and have seen one a week … Are they? I do a Sunday shift in a mates shop and have seen one a week for the last 3 or so.

​Have a look on eBay!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????45
      2. Now tv entertainment passes22
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?33
      4. Beds33

See more discussions