Groups

Don’t miss tonight’s total lunar eclipse

About half of the UK will have the opportunity to see a total lunar eclipse this evening (15 June) with the event expected to be the longest and most striking in a decade.

The eclipse will begin at 6.24pm (BST), but will be not be visible from the UK until sunset at roughly 9.13pm when the eclipse is predicted to reach its darkest phase or ‘totality’.

Totality is the time when Earth's shadow completely covers the moon, which is expected to end at 10.03pm.

The moon is set to rise whilst in eclipse across Europe, Middle East, Africa, southern Asia and Australia turning from grey to an extraordinary blood-red.

uk.news.yahoo.com/don…tml

Good Luck !!!

15 Comments

Cloudy here in the Midlands though

20 mins to go! thanks for heads up!

too damn cloudy here for us

Too cloudy here - gutted as my son got a telescope yesterday for his birthday so was hoping for a little play!

Eclipse (blocked by clouds cause I'm in The Midlands) or The Apprentice.....I think it'll have to be The Apprentice. Thanks for posting though. At least I have had the choice before finding out after the event

Cloudy with a chance of nada

lol made the right choice too.. apprentice

where in the sky am i looking.....towards the sun or where the sun was before it set?

stephen25uk

where in the sky am i looking.....towards the sun or where the sun was … where in the sky am i looking.....towards the sun or where the sun was before it set?

Moon to turn Red Blood today

guess we look out for the moon.

can't see it!
    Edited by: "5nowman" 15th Jun 2011

i have a nice sky outside but no moon

its still very bright tbh

joeprosho

i have a nice sky outside but no moon its still very bright tbh

Take a piccy when you see it

getting too dark now!

Grey cloud here on s.coast.

Any pictures?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....33
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553789
      3. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)55
      4. Bearded chat1225

See more discussions