"dont people have manners any more"

No Caps no apostrophe,no question mark.

No explanation of the events that triggered the OP

Bet they won't even like any of our posts

Init
mutley107/06/2020 00:10

i don't say please often, but i do say thank you quite a lot

The line of a taker not a giver.
There is a narcissism pandemic according to some. Can’t say I disagree.
I'm lucky enough to be a teacher always tell students, if you use manners you will never get in trouble in my class.
Majority do, hardly any don't!

Manners/politeness are key in life, everyone should teach it.
39 Comments
Many do, many don't!
My mates dad when ever he rings for advice or his car valeting, he hangs up and doesn't say "Bye", really annoys me
I'm lucky enough to be a teacher always tell students, if you use manners you will never get in trouble in my class.
Majority do, hardly any don't!

Manners/politeness are key in life, everyone should teach it.
Some do, some don't
Manners Maketh Man
DEALS4EVA06/06/2020 22:22

The best quote of 4 decades.
Thanks for the thread
That title bothers me more

"dont people have manners any more"

No Caps no apostrophe,no question mark.

No explanation of the events that triggered the OP

Bet they won't even like any of our posts

Init
It's scarce.
Not sure about the “lucky to be a teacher” I agree, manners should be used and past on when possible.
nrackham7606/06/2020 23:11

Not sure about the “lucky to be a teacher” I agree, manners should be used …Not sure about the “lucky to be a teacher” I agree, manners should be used and past on when possible.

Manners being past seems to be the OP's gripe.
If they had been passed on they may be happier.
Toon_army06/06/2020 22:02

Many do, many don't!My mates dad when ever he rings for advice or his car …Many do, many don't!My mates dad when ever he rings for advice or his car valeting, he hangs up and doesn't say "Bye", really annoys me

My mother in law is the same . She just hangs up on me even when I have not finished my sentence. !
pabz06/06/2020 23:31

My mother in law is the same . She just hangs up on me even when I have …My mother in law is the same . She just hangs up on me even when I have not finished my sentence. !

She just hangs up on you mid sentence

Now thats just
mutley107/06/2020 00:10

The line of a taker not a giver.

My mother in law is the same . She just hangs up on me even when I have …My mother in law is the same . She just hangs up on me even when I have not finished my sentence. !

You stole her daughter/son. What do you expect?
the worst thing is walking past some one and saying ello and the blank you or holding a door ooen and they blank u ffs lol
Edited by: "kevlfc" 7th Jun
Blame the parents! My kids
were saying please and thank you as soon as they could talk. They do surprise me when they reply “your welcome” to my thank you as that’s just too polite
BargainLovingMum07/06/2020 00:41

Blame the parents! My kids were saying please and thank you as soon as …Blame the parents! My kids were saying please and thank you as soon as they could talk. They do surprise me when they reply “your welcome” to my thank you as that’s just too polite

deffo im same but too many idiots about
kevlfc07/06/2020 00:41

the worst thing is walking past some one and saying ello and the blank you …the worst thing is walking past some one and saying ello and the blank you or holding a door ooen and they blank u ffs lol

It could be worse.
You could respond to a post on HUKD and the OP ignores your comment.

the worst thing is walking past some one and saying ello and the blank you …the worst thing is walking past some one and saying ello and the blank you or holding a door ooen and they blank u ffs lol

Happens to me at work, the women as the worst for it. I open a door for a couple of them and they just keep talking to each other and don't say cheers or thanks... really, really, really annoys me, even though it's something so little it's so much in my eyes
Got my little one saying thank you so much she'll say thank you for giving me something
Seems to affect gen Y or Z more (born after 1980 and 1990, respectively). Far too many of them are absorbed in their devices or noise cancelling headphones to notice anything around them. When I used to fly a lot for work, many of the airline staff told me that the most routine rudeness they experienced was customers not bothering to remove headphones while talking to them which, in turn, required the airline staff to speak louder.
BargainLovingMum07/06/2020 00:41

Blame the parents! My kids were saying please and thank you as soon as …Blame the parents! My kids were saying please and thank you as soon as they could talk. They do surprise me when they reply “your welcome” to my thank you as that’s just too polite

Agreed. If someone thanks me, I’ll say “No problem” or “No worries” or just shoot a quick smile. “You’re welcome” makes me cringe tbh.
Toon_army07/06/2020 01:05

Happens to me at work, the women as the worst for it. I open a door for a …Happens to me at work, the women as the worst for it. I open a door for a couple of them and they just keep talking to each other and don't say cheers or thanks... really, really, really annoys me, even though it's something so little it's so much in my eyes

dont hold the door open then. or wait for them to get near it and slam it shut you mak get a reaction then pmsl..

Same here .
bozo00707/06/2020 07:44

Seems to affect gen Y or Z more (born after 1980 and 1990, respectively). …Seems to affect gen Y or Z more (born after 1980 and 1990, respectively). Far too many of them are absorbed in their devices or noise cancelling headphones to notice anything around them. When I used to fly a lot for work, many of the airline staff told me that the most routine rudeness they experienced was customers not bothering to remove headphones while talking to them which, in turn, required the airline staff to speak louder.

Yes bloody annoying when they won't remove their headphones you feel like ripping them off there ignorant stupid heads!

Yes when people blank you it's so ignorant! It's like you don't exist in their eyes.Some people just have no redeeming features whatsoever I'm afraid!
I’m excruciatingly polite- I call people ‘Sir’ Miss’ and use ‘Gentleman’ and ‘Lady’ if I don’t know people’s names. what these rude people are missing is that you can actually get away with murder, so long as you say it ultra politely. Tbf, I’ve had training. Mainly using coupons and asking for cheeky discounts. So basically my manners are down to hukd.
Some people cannot be bothered with manners. Just like others who don't use punctuation in forum threads.
im just bad at english lol

i always say thank you when someone holds a door open for me. i think it is outright rude not to thank someone who has gone out of their way to do something which they think is helpful to you. however, sometimes i wish they wouldn't hold the door open for me as they can do this when i am not even next to the door and so they stand there and wait for me to come, this then makes me feel rushed to get to the door!

but if i have stuff to carry then it is always greatly appreciated if someone would hold the door open so i can walk through easily

when i go out for a walk, some people do say hello when they walk past me or when i am out cycling, people can say hello when they cycle past me. i sometimes feel uncomfortable when this happens, but i do say hello back.
Nobody on ebay has any manners. 'I'll give you £15' , 'will you take £10' ........ always answered just as abruptly 'No' . It's amazing how much further you get with a bit of effort
Azwipe07/06/2020 11:06

Nobody on ebay has any manners. 'I'll give you £15' , 'will you take £10' …Nobody on ebay has any manners. 'I'll give you £15' , 'will you take £10' ........ always answered just as abruptly 'No' . It's amazing how much further you get with a bit of effort

We have cleared stuff out of our house over the last year and advertised it on Facebook for free at times. We get bombarded with messages but ignore most and the first person who’s friendly or polite gets the item
Edited by: "MattNorfolk" 7th Jun
I’ve always been very polite. It’s always been said ‘manners cost nothing’. It’s so easy to say please & thanks you. I don’t know how so many struggle with it.
Blueskinnedbeast06/06/2020 23:18

Manners being past seems to be the OP's gripe.If they had been passed on …Manners being past seems to be the OP's gripe.If they had been passed on they may be happier.

Yes but I was referring to the quote which states “lucky to be a teacher” not sure about that as no one working in a low paid public sector job is lucky
Seems to me excuse me has been replaced with saying sorry after they've barged passed (?) you.
I work for Tesco and think people have the worse manners going right now
Azwipe07/06/2020 11:06

Nobody on ebay has any manners. 'I'll give you £15' , 'will you take £10' …Nobody on ebay has any manners. 'I'll give you £15' , 'will you take £10' ........ always answered just as abruptly 'No' . It's amazing how much further you get with a bit of effort

Yep same on Facebook/gumtree my abrupt reply usually gets rid
Post a comment
@
    Text