Groups

Dont Play Street Fighter 4....

Banned
    with the normal 360 pad. i got my 360 and a copy of this game, excited, like a child with a brand new toy...

my gosh 5 mins and i packed it in. such a demoralising experience playing with the joypad. its the worst ever! my hand was aching trying to pull off the combos!!

excellent game...however buy an arcade stick...any arcade stick, to play this game.

i still play it but cant play as id like to because its just wayy too much effort attempting the moves with the pad!!

rant mode... :-(

13 Comments

awww. someone else on here was moaning about the arcade stick.

Original Poster Banned

i think the stick was a madcatz official streetfighter4 syick.

there are many more around that r just as good

i play it with just the 360 pad and i think its fine!
    Its not as if i'm rubbish too i've won about 77% of my matches online.
    Just practice the combos in challenge mode.

I'd have to second you on the pad being shocking for SF, it's awful. It's still playable, but it pretty much ruins fun of the game.

stratomaster;4536162

i play it with just the 360 pad and i think its fine!Its not as if i'm … i play it with just the 360 pad and i think its fine!Its not as if i'm rubbish too i've won about 77% of my matches online.Just practice the combos in challenge mode.

i think the pads ok 2! fancy a game online dude ? add me, rups007

Original Poster Banned

stratomaster;4536162

i play it with just the 360 pad and i think its fine!Its not as if i'm … i play it with just the 360 pad and i think its fine!Its not as if i'm rubbish too i've won about 77% of my matches online.Just practice the combos in challenge mode.

firend...if you can honestly say you can pull off guiles 15 hit combo
    (not including super or ultra - this combo you wont find in the challenges, its an old combo and still works)
    with the joypad...
    ill give you rep for the rest of your entire life

and before anyone goes on to say guile is a **** player...allow me to prove you all wrong once i get a stick :-)

kapows;4536355

firend...if you can honestly say you can pull off guiles 15 hit combo … firend...if you can honestly say you can pull off guiles 15 hit combo (not including super or ultra - this combo you wont find in the challenges, its an old combo and still works)with the joypad...ill give you rep for the rest of your entire lifeand before anyone goes on to say guile is a **** player...allow me to prove you all wrong once i get a stick :-)

if its not on the challenges i won't know the button presses will i :oops:
    Add me for when you get a stick

GT= stu900

The d-pad is fine for me too, I can do shoryukens almost 100% of the time, you guys should try SFA3 on the phat PSP...

More discussion ]here of SF4

My GT is InnerSinner if anyone wants a game.

demolisher;4536305

i think the pads ok 2! fancy a game online dude ? add me, rups007

added mate

Original Poster Banned

LOL dudes!

If you wanna see a master pull off combos watch this vid - by the way i dont think the guy who posted it made it. also keep in mind its a COMBO video...which is why no ones hitting back..hes just showing whats possible if you get ur patience and timing on par and if you can one of these in youve had it.

this is what im working on and ive got quite far with the normal pad but then it gets too much lol

have a look at this vid, if you want LIVE fights i can upload a really good Akuma guy who pulled off one heck of a finisher combo. should give you an idea of what level some people are working on

this only counts if ur serious about challenges and stuff though otherwise it wont interest you at all.

let me know :-)

watch this vid..its ace and so is the music!!

youtube.com/wat…oIQ (The combo at 3.30 amazing)

oh yeah...im having trouble beating that damn seth on hardest wiv sagat lol!

I see what your getting at, but alot of the "combos" in that vid just look like move spamming.

3:40 was pretty amazing though (focus hit)

If your struggling with seth, reduce the time to 30 secs, hit him a few times and then just avoid him.

yes it is off-putting when first playing the game.
    i use the anologue stick on the 360 pad, which i OK, the d-pad is terrible.
    just think if you can get good at using the normal 360 pad, you will be awesome when it comes to using a decent pad or stick!
    another small gripe is doing combos when youve got hard punch/kick on the shoulder buttons.
    you need hands like 'fei long' to pull em off!

wouldnt have bought this game if i hadnt had bought the arcade stick as you cant play it on a normal controller - does you wrist in
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions