Groups

Don't Trust Play.com

Hi just a short note, after a tip from a fellow Hot deals member, stating Play.com had wii "play" game back in stock ,managed to get some,(the screen said in stock) had the confirmation mail and thought great no worries !! even paid ,one hour later my order was stopped because I had ordered over 1, I phoned a manager to be told I couldn't now have any!!!Does this make sense to anyone, does IN STOCK mean IN STOCK or not, Any ideas welcome, I feel conned.

37 Comments

Original Poster

Just a quickie, Play.com, states they have items in stock you order, leave credit card details, get email confirmation, think you have the product, but two hours later they say they haven't got it.Anyone else experieced this,

Well.....its big demand and if they didnt clearly state on there website 1 per customer in the wrong

but play.com ARE a good company

Banned

do you intend plastering this all over HUKD, one post would have been sufficient, also this boards is for comment and suggestions about this site HUKD

Original Poster

No nothing was said at all about not being able to order more than one, but to end up with nothing is really wrong!

you didnt need to post it in 2 sections mate.
    Just how many did you really order tho?

Also..you clearly manipulate the truth...in your other post you tried to say that they are saying they dont have stock...where as in this post you say its because of a multiple order

Play.com are an excellent company.

Original Poster

Basically does this mean that any order we think has been processed , paid for , even to the point of email confirmation, nul and void. mmmmm, I don't know.I also don't like the fact that the manager lied about them being in stock,

Play have been going a long time and the only times when I have had a problem is when sites such as this one highlight a deal and it quickly goes out of stock.

Maybe they should ask amazon how to to do the order/stock thing....

Don't trust play with it's thousands of happy customers............trust me with my 9 posts. :lol:

This site gets funnier by the day. I heartily recommend everyone's whinging for anyone who's feeling down...........it's a great tonic. :thumbsup:

Banned

me thinks this is a half a story jobbie:roll:

Banned

abacus

I agree, one of my favourite sites. Never had a problem.

Syzable

Don't trust play with it's thousands of happy customers............trust … Don't trust play with it's thousands of happy customers............trust me with my 9 posts. :lol:This site gets funnier by the day. I heartily recommend everyone's whinging for anyone who's feeling down...........it's a great tonic. :thumbsup:

haha...but his point is valid. After all, he did put 2 different stories on his 2 threads :santa:

People have one bad order and claim the website is a scam.

Don't Trust Izzycam.com:p

Original Poster

As for manipulating the truth (what a nasty reply). they actually said firstly the order couldn't be processed because of multiple order, then secondly while I was on the telephone, they said they were out of stock.I am an an honest person and resent being told I'm manipulative. PS sorry for posting twice I'm a newbie,

Original Poster

If you check my other posts I have thanked people for great advice and a great site, but we should be able to say good an bad, otherwise we just as well live in Russia (Ha!Ha!)

Banned

Sometimes with some companies, when the demand is high the orders get processed but then the stock isn't there for all that were ordering at the same time.

It just happens. Do you think that any company with stock of something would rather not sell it?

I've been ordering from Play.com for how many years and it's always been one of the first sites I checkout for a lot of the items I buy, especially gadgets but it feels like they're slowing down with there dispatch and delivery times now taking around a week+ for everything instock.

I can't fault them on price though, there's always some great bargains on there and if anyone can name me a company that's never had an unhappy customer, I'll give eat the hat I don't wear.

The chances are, they couldn't find the product in there huge warehouse, so they had to backtrack, as that can happen at times, especially when you sell such a wide variety of products as they do.

I ordered something a few months ago and it appeared as in stock when I checked my account.
    14 days later it had awaiting stock. I therefore cancelled my order and got it elsewhere. Mistakes happen

Original Poster

yes I guess so, mistakes do happen, it was just dissapointing, excuse my atrocious spelling.

I replied on your other post about this but now it makes more sense as well.

They probably cancelled your order because you ordered extras for resale to make a quick profit on Ebay with so many stores finding it very difficult to get hold of but if they didn't want to serve the public, they could of easily said there was no stock whatsoever and sold them all on Ebay for double the price.

When they cancelled your order, they probably put it back on the site for sale and it was picked up quickly by other customers or employees, so the manager probably didn't lie but was going by the facts he was given.

Prissymiss

Sometimes with some companies, when the demand is high the orders get … Sometimes with some companies, when the demand is high the orders get processed but then the stock isn't there for all that were ordering at the same time.It just happens. Do you think that any company with stock of something would rather not sell it?

Hey Prissymiss....... are you intentionally trying to make me think of sex all the time by changing your aviator. :giggle:

Original Poster

I'm sorry I didn't realize I couldn't have voice or an opinion just because I've only 9 posts. Ha!HA!

order from play all the time never had a problem

Izzycam

I'm sorry I didn't realize I couldn't have voice or an opinion just … I'm sorry I didn't realize I couldn't have voice or an opinion just because I've only 9 posts. Ha!HA!

no one seems to be agreeing with you ??? i suggest you close this thread as no one is going too slag off one of thes best online retailers

Original Poster

re reallyfriendly man, yes I wouldn't have minded if they had stated only 1 per order, rules are rules after all, anyway looking at it objectively from other peoples point of view it's just a bit of tough luck, no one has been hurt,I should get things in perspective.Ha!Ha!

Apologies

how many did you try to order????

pointless thread

abacus

Their deliveries have a lot to be desired.

They often send out items in substandard and inadequate packaging.

I orderered James Bond Corgi car sets, Wii Plays and they've sent them out in plastic bags allowing these boxes to be substancially damaged and crushed in transit.

Their customer services is ***** as well.

Whenever you have a problem with an order, they give you the impression like they don't really give a feck!!!

I also received an used/returned Xbox 360 from them yesterday.

Banned

realfriendlyman

Hey Prissymiss....... are you intentionally trying to make me think of … Hey Prissymiss....... are you intentionally trying to make me think of sex all the time by changing your aviator. :giggle:

Me Sir, no Sir. It's just you........maybe not:-D

Original Poster

As stated on other post, just thought I'd post as it really annoyed me to be treated this way, but looking at this objectively after listening to all of your posts, I guess I should get a grip Ha! Ha! Sometimes mistakes happen, its not the end of the world, and as a lot of you have good experiences with this company. They must be doing something right!

Izzycam

As stated on other post, just thought I'd post as it really annoyed me to … As stated on other post, just thought I'd post as it really annoyed me to be treated this way, but looking at this objectively after listening to all of your posts, I guess I should get a grip Ha! Ha! Sometimes mistakes happen, its not the end of the world, and as a lot of you have good experiences with this company. They must be doing something right!

so change the title of the thread.play.com can be trusted yes or no ?? everyone seems to be saying yes apart from you

Original Poster

Thanks for all you advice, I'll leave it at that now.

Play.com have always been excellent for me, haven't had any problems with them so far, and hopefully I'll never have problems with them

My experience with play.com and the famous Samsung 20" monitor saga taught me a lot about their 'system'. Izzycam has a point. Yes, you might get the benefit of their prices when items are in stock, but unfortunately they also are an unprincipled trading company, something you'll soon realise when they make mistakes...

not a fan and stopped using them after they demanded a copy of my bank statement because I had the audacity to order £100 worth of DVD's 4 weeks prior to Xmas, which I had done the previous 2 Xmas's before :oops: ;-)

BTW nice newbie bashing :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1220
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.2024
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846326
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1727

See more discussions