Expired

Dont understand how to get US netflix on my UK PS3 ?

Found 7th Feb 2012
Hey, so far, I undestand that I need to get hidemyass or vpn to hipe my IP and then sign up for netflix US.

But what I dont understand, is the US netflix will ask for my credit card, wont they keep charging me ? and how do I get the US netflix icon on my UK PS3.

I know its 5.99 for the netflix UK and around 5.00 for the Hidemyass program.

Do I just sign up for the 1 week US free trial then cancel this, but if I do this wont it just cancel the actual account and not allow me to view US content.

Hope this makes sense, thanks guys and gals
Community Updates
AskNetflixPS3
184 Comments
Found this not sure if it works or not though:

This is very easy to do and it's not illegal.
When i first heard that Netflix was coming to the 360 in the UK i was quite excited. When it actually arrived it was a bit of a disappointment. There wasn't much on there that i wanted to see.

All you have to do is change the DNS settings in your network settings.
Primary DNS: 208.122.23.22
Secondary DNS: 208.122.23.23

When you apply the settings, you'll lose connection with Xbox Live. (Not sure what happens on PS3)
You'll have to restart your console, sign back in and fire up Netflix.

That's it.

To watch UK content again just change the DNS back to automatic.

I told my brother about this and he rang Netflix to ask if they were aware i was possible. They told him that they were aware of it and it didn't bother them at all.

What gets me, is why don't they just give us all the same content in the first place if they're not bothered. Maybe they intend on putting a stop to it.
My advice....... do it now and enjoy it while it works!
Original Poster
Uhm so just set up a US account and change the DNS in the PS3 ?
Or can I just use my UK log-in dets ?

Very interesting Jarica,
canada16

Uhm so just set up a US account and change the DNS in the PS3 ? Or can I … Uhm so just set up a US account and change the DNS in the PS3 ? Or can I just use my UK log-in dets ? Very interesting Jarica,

just set up uk account on ps3 and then change settings and voila
Original Poster
Oh sweet, so I dont have to pay for Hidemyass then.

and my UK account will sign into the US network ?
canada16

Oh sweet, so I dont have to pay for Hidemyass then. and my UK account … Oh sweet, so I dont have to pay for Hidemyass then. and my UK account will sign into the US network ?

yes
Are you Canadian by the way? I'm going to Vancouver in July.
Edited by: "think" 7th Feb 2012
Original Poster
Yes, but live in cardiff, lived on vancouver island for 4 year, very nice, and most films now are filmed in vancouver. My cousin is a producer of somesort for smallville in vancouver. Make sure you go to china town, its the biggest outside of china. Just be careful at night.

Thanks guys for your help, been searching and you can do this on your android phone as well.
Thanks jarica, worked a treat!
Jarica, you legend. I've not gotten around to looking at how to get the US Netflix yet and I was under the impression it was more grief than that! Suddenly, I'm happy to pay my £5.99 a month
jarica

Found this not sure if it works or not though:This is very easy to do and … Found this not sure if it works or not though:This is very easy to do and it's not illegal.When i first heard that Netflix was coming to the 360 in the UK i was quite excited. When it actually arrived it was a bit of a disappointment. There wasn't much on there that i wanted to see.All you have to do is change the DNS settings in your network settings.Primary DNS: 208.122.23.22Secondary DNS: 208.122.23.23When you apply the settings, you'll lose connection with Xbox Live. (Not sure what happens on PS3)You'll have to restart your console, sign back in and fire up Netflix.That's it.To watch UK content again just change the DNS back to automatic.I told my brother about this and he rang Netflix to ask if they were aware i was possible. They told him that they were aware of it and it didn't bother them at all.What gets me, is why don't they just give us all the same content in the first place if they're not bothered. Maybe they intend on putting a stop to it.My advice....... do it now and enjoy it while it works!

is it really just this easy? will give it a try when I'm home later :D.
MarzBarz

is it really just this easy? will give it a try when I'm home later :D.

Yep, literally that simple. Took all of 90 seconds and I was in

Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 7th Feb 2012
where can I see US Netflix content online?
Humm think i might be getting Netfliz if this works
where can I browse US titles online,everytime I seem to get the UK version of netflix page
ionuttd

where can I browse US titles online,everytime I seem to get the UK … where can I browse US titles online,everytime I seem to get the UK version of netflix page

you could like Netflix on facebook (the US one). Lillyhammer came on US Netflix yesterday
Original Poster
ionuttd

where can I browse US titles online,everytime I seem to get the UK … where can I browse US titles online,everytime I seem to get the UK version of netflix page

Are you trying to browse online or on the PS3 widget ?
If you are on a laptop or PC I think you need to buy hidemyass or VPN so it hides your routers IP. but I could be wrong. I think this is for the PS3 only. have you tried turning the router off and on and the PS3 as well.

Also one last question, do I have to put the DNS in the router, or just the PS3 ?
yesss will have a go later at this
So changing the DNS...will this affect other laptops in my house?
Strange how there allowing this, wonder if it will last. Very interested in cancelling sky now. Surely you get all the up to date shows in America Netflix?
Original Poster
Adam2050

Strange how there allowing this, wonder if it will last. Very interested … Strange how there allowing this, wonder if it will last. Very interested in cancelling sky now. Surely you get all the up to date shows in America Netflix?

Dont see why they would car, Netflix is owned by the same company, whether its usa or uk. maybe they should have the same content in the uk as in the usa and people would not need to do it.
I Would not keep netflix with the UK content as it is, but once its fully up and running like the USA. I can see it might force sky to put their movie prices down. and hurt love films.
canada16

Dont see why they would car, Netflix is owned by the same company, … Dont see why they would car, Netflix is owned by the same company, whether its usa or uk. maybe they should have the same content in the uk as in the usa and people would not need to do it. I Would not keep netflix with the UK content as it is, but once its fully up and running like the USA. I can see it might force sky to put their movie prices down. and hurt love films.

Could you give us an idea of what's available when you get it working, as I will probably switch.

Thanks
Day after I sign up to Netflix this is posted?!

http://dc434.4shared.com/img/90KounEk/s7/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw_yeaaaaah.png
Someone posted on another HUKD thread that they couldn't use the BBC iPlayer with the US DNS settings. So keep that in mind if you suddenly get the urge to watch some BBC TV.
Original Poster
Adam2050

Could you give us an idea of what's available when you get it working, as … Could you give us an idea of what's available when you get it working, as I will probably switch. Thanks

There is some links on line and facebook of recent releases, but will do. this is looking good for 5.99
James3121

So changing the DNS...will this affect other laptops in my house?

no, your ps3 dns settings have nothing to do with anything else in the house
sorted now on my ps3 man the yanks have decent stuff on their site nice one ,son just walked past oghh the last airbender i havent seen that so its getting used straight away
why do the menus look so big and in your face and how do you find out if its DD and 1080p etc etc edit press select tells all

Original Poster
DUDE SWEET !!!
Got lillyhammer, insidious all dolby 5.1. quarantine 2 which was quite good, dragon tattoo trilogy, frozen, the next three days. limitless, monster, the crow, carriers, serenity, daybreakers. I could go on and on, great stuff.

Deff keeping lovefilm, either until they find this out or stop it, god they really need to update the uk site compaired to usa, and got lillyhammer as well in hd... all for free for 1 month plus 15.00 cash back and 5.99 a month, bye bye sky.
Original Poster
I cant stress what a awesome selection they have, if you dont have netflix, get it, its only 5.99 and free for the first month and they give you 15.00 for trying it as well.
So you don't need to pay unblock US or anything like that? Just change some settings
Original Poster
sancho1983

So you don't need to pay unblock US or anything like that? Just change … So you don't need to pay unblock US or anything like that? Just change some settings

Just go into the network settings, scroll over until it says dns in the ps3 and change the settings to the ones on the first page, thats it.
sancho1983

So you don't need to pay unblock US or anything like that? Just change … So you don't need to pay unblock US or anything like that? Just change some settings

apparently but not sure if true these settings only last for 1 week and then you have to pay $5 a month
Original Poster
the porter

apparently but not sure if true these settings only last for 1 week and … apparently but not sure if true these settings only last for 1 week and then you have to pay $5 a month

It's the unblock-US dns, so if you're watching from a computer you will have to register for a weeks free trial on their website, if you are watching on a phone, PS3 or Xbox, you don't have to register and it's free forever. I've been using it for a few weeks on my android phones and PS3 with no problems. (DIGITAL SPY USER)
Edited by: "canada16" 7th Feb 2012
so how come you started this thread if you knew all about it and have had it for a few weeks ?digital spy user ok im reading on many other forums this will go off after maybe 2 weeks or more as its just a trial no more no less
Original Poster
the porter

so how come you started this thread if you knew all about it and have had … so how come you started this thread if you knew all about it and have had it for a few weeks ?

Read the brackets, its from a digital spy user, not from me, just answering your question
canada16

It's the unblock-US dns, so if you're watching from a computer you will … It's the unblock-US dns, so if you're watching from a computer you will have to register for a weeks free trial on their website, if you are watching on a phone, PS3 or Xbox, you don't have to register and it's free forever. I've been using it for a few weeks on my android phones and PS3 with no problems. (DIGITAL SPY USER)

So how do you change DNS settings on an Android phone?
Original Poster
sancho1983

So how do you change DNS settings on an Android phone?

In the wireless settings then advanced, but I think you need to change your router for this as it wont work on my with 3G. but you dont need to touch the router for the PS3.
Original Poster
They have all the family guy's as well.. DUDE SWEET.
Original Poster
dcx_badass

I don't understand how this works, a DNS has nothing to do with your … I don't understand how this works, a DNS has nothing to do with your location.

I dont understand either, but it works
Andy@XCite

Someone posted on another HUKD thread that they couldn't use the BBC … Someone posted on another HUKD thread that they couldn't use the BBC iPlayer with the US DNS settings. So keep that in mind if you suddenly get the urge to watch some BBC TV.

It was me, you just change the DNS back to automatic and the I player works
Can't believe the stuff USA have, well worth 5.99 now. Even thou I missed out on the 15 quidco still happy bargain
I'm in also, yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Only about 20 times better selection already, good way to keep a customer.

So you have to set up a custom internet connection on the PS3 leave most auto except for the DNS settings of course, keep all your old settings as is, quite simple.

Away to watch something
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants