Dont use cheap perfect prep filters!

8 replies
Found 16th Dec 2016
I know we like a bargain but these filters that fit in the perfect prep do not take out the bacteria in the water like the tommee tippee ones do!

On this occasion buying cheap is not "worth it"

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Reference?? No bacteria in UK water 99.99999999% of the time.

Even if you are that paranoid, a normal water filter does the same thing and costs a lot less to run.

Not to mention the fact that the baby formula can contain bacteria itself, as it isnt sterile once opened.

(Shakes head), the things some people will waster money on.

(Nursery Nurse for 25 years).

According to BBC Watchdog even the genuine filters are only up to the job a couple of times, before they let the junk (that grows on them over time?) through.

BBC watchdog episode (fast fordward to 2:27)
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 16th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Reference?? No bacteria in UK water 99.99999999% of the time.Even if you … Reference?? No bacteria in UK water 99.99999999% of the time.Even if you are that paranoid, a normal water filter does the same thing and costs a lot less to run.Not to mention the fact that the baby formula can contain bacteria itself, as it isnt sterile once opened.(Shakes head), the things some people will waster money on.(Nursery Nurse for 25 years).

A normal water filter does not do the same thing.

SkyBlu75

A normal water filter does not do the same thing.

OK, A normal water filter and following the correct procedure to make up a bottle of formula will remove all bacteria and unwanted chemicals from the water - prior to adding to the formula powder, with may or may not contain bacteria itself.

You have heard that you boil the water, havent you??

I bet you've blown a wad of cash on a fancy steam sterilizer as well; how about a medical grade air purifier system for babies bedroom, with airlocks and steri-suits??

I agree my fish have been dying using this filter

I never used any filters and my child is on his way to be a strapping six footer . He was breast fed for the first eight months and while I can't comment on the bacteria levels of he milk itself , theres no way the container was going in any steam steriliser. After that I just used boiled water and he lived . I was bottle fed in the sixties and I lived . We live in a first world country, is this really necessary?

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

OK, A normal water filter and following the correct procedure to make up … OK, A normal water filter and following the correct procedure to make up a bottle of formula will remove all bacteria and unwanted chemicals from the water - prior to adding to the formula powder, with may or may not contain bacteria itself.You have heard that you boil the water, havent you?? I bet you've blown a wad of cash on a fancy steam sterilizer as well; how about a medical grade air purifier system for babies bedroom, with airlocks and steri-suits??

What are you on about?

Yes I do have a sterilizer because Id rather not risk any bacteria harming my child.

If I can get a bottle to my child 10x quicker then I will. The prep machine has been tested to be just as good as a kettle at getting rid of bacteria.

Also the hot shot at the start of the bottle making process kills the bacteria from the powder.

Please do your research before trying to insult me.

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell

I never used any filters and my child is on his way to be a strapping six … I never used any filters and my child is on his way to be a strapping six footer . He was breast fed for the first eight months and while I can't comment on the bacteria levels of he milk itself , theres no way the container was going in any steam steriliser. After that I just used boiled water and he lived . I was bottle fed in the sixties and I lived . We live in a first world country, is this really necessary?

No its not a necessity but its helpful.

Scenario 1.

Baby wakes up at 3am screaming.
Go into kitchen, boil the water.
Wait at least 10 minutes for milk to be cool enough to drink. Baby extremely upset and crying throughout the 10 minutes.

Scenario 2.

Baby wakes up at 3am screaming.
Go into kitchen, press a button.
Bottle ready in 1 minute.

I KNOW WHICH ME AND MY BABY PREFER.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769477
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2455
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812
    4. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …46

See more discussions