Expired

Don't use Flubit

Found 16th Nov 2013
hotukdeals.com/dea…651

I decided to buy this item for my parents for Christmas, but I wasn't sure if it was too much for them in terms of the amount of crockery they already own. So, I asked, and it was okay, but I noticed somebody saying to use Flubit to save money. I ordered on Amazon anyway to secure my purchase just in case.

Flubit works by checking to see if somebody else will offer a better deal. You have to wait a little while in case you do receive an offer, and I did several hours later. I saved over a quid and my Amazon order hadn't dispatched yet, so I cancelled the Amazon order and accepted the offer.

Here's what I imagine what happened. The deal was expired and no longer on Amazon. The Flubit seller saw this and wondered why to sell the item so much less than the new asking price, and thus, cancelled the orders. You might save a quid or two with Flubit, but it's not worth the risk or the possible disappointment. Now I'll have to explain to my parents what happened.

It's not a big problem, no, but I won't use Flubit in future.
Community Updates
Misc
62 Comments
Banned

Now I'll have to explain to my parents what happened.

oh the humanity
my last flubit order came from asda :s confusing!
greatest666

oh the humanity

How could they ever forgive him
Original Poster
Mantis

It's not a big problem, no

Get off HUKD and go have your cookies and milk. It'll be bedtime soon, greatest666 and mycatcanripyourfaceoff. (Obviously teenagers, given their names. That, or their school playground immaturity is showing.) Comments relating to Flubit and others' experiences, please.
Mantis

Get off HUKD and go have your cookies and milk. It'll be bedtime soon, … Get off HUKD and go have your cookies and milk. It'll be bedtime soon, greatest666 and mycatcanripyourfaceoff. (Obviously teenagers, given their names. That, or their school playground immaturity is showing.) Comments relating to Flubit and others' experiences, please.

You cut me real deep there (_;)
I'm not sure your parents will ever get over this.
pinkleponkle

I'm not sure your parents will ever get over this.

I'm afraid its going to end in tears.......such tragedy
I was quite dubious about buying from Flubit.com and I should have trusted my gut instinct.

I ordered high value items on 2 occasions from Flubit.com undercutting Amazon.co.uk by 2%. I decided to give it a go but needless to say, both orders were cancelled.

I contacted Flubit.com and about the issues and they told me that they had managed to source the items from a different merchant. Guess what, Flubit.com let me down again.

Due to Flubit.com, I missed out on a fantastic deal from Amazon.co.uk.

I would not use Flubit.com if you paid me because their customer service is horrendous compared to the fantastic customer service that you get with Amazon.co.uk.

Buyer beware.

Edited by: "Grill" 16th Nov 2013
Grill

I was quite dubious about buying from Flubit.com and I should have … I was quite dubious about buying from Flubit.com and I should have trusted my gut instinct. I ordered high value items on 2 occasions from Flubit.com undercutting Amazon.co.uk by 2%. I decided to give it a go but needless to say, both orders were cancelled.I contacted Flubit.com and about the issues and they told me that they had managed to source the items from a different merchant. Guess what, Flubit.com let me down again. Due to Flubit.com, I missed out on a fantastic deal from Amazon.co.uk.I would not use Flubit.com if you paid me because their customer service is horrendous compared to the fantastic customer service that you get with Amazon.co.uk.Buyer beware.

2% is definitely not worth it, I've had 17%, and it came no problems.

Using it less now they only accept amazon links though
Used Flubit for about 15 items in the last 3 weeks. Only one of them was cancelled, the rest arrived in good time, with a good saving.

Obviously with the way they work, there's always a slight risk of disappointment, read their FAQs and it explains there that sometimes this can happen. You're ordering through Flubit who then source the deal from a third party, obviously things can go wrong.

1 order out of 15 is pretty reasonable in my opinion. Stating "don't use Flubit" because you've had one bad experience seems a bit hasty to me.
Banned
I dont use flubit out of principle.

I like to ensure that as much profit as possible goes to hukd.
I ordered a Scholl Express Pedi from Flubit which was an Amazon deal recently posted. I retailed at £19.99 and Flubit charged me £17.

To my surprise an Amazon box arrived at my door. I opened it and it was the Scholl Express Pedi directly from amazon. I have a receipt showing that the Billing Address is Fireworks Merchant Limit and the delivery address is mine. Amazon charged Fireworks Merchant Limited £19.99.

So did they make a £2 loss?
I've found Flubit to be ok. About half the time they have been the best price by at least 6% and from a decent seller. The rest of the time I have bought elsewhere. Occasionally Amazon are the best price and I deal with them. I wouldn't bother going through flubit for a mere 2% saving though.
Elton Chong

I dont use flubit out of principle.I like to ensure that as much profit … I dont use flubit out of principle.I like to ensure that as much profit as possible goes to hukd.

I thought the point of HUKD is to save you money not for you to increase their profits
Banned
ceanth

I thought the point of HUKD is to save you money not for you to increase … I thought the point of HUKD is to save you money not for you to increase their profits

It is to save us money, but in order for it to keep doing so, it has to turn a profit.

Andy Wedge doesn't come cheap you know!!
Original Poster
Yeah, I'd only use it with items that aren't massively discounted or likely to end soon, probably like a lot of items posted here. Although I doubt I'll use them again, I'd check CamelCamelCamel or something similar to see the price fluctuations of items first. If it's expensive then I'd probably stick with Amazon due to its customer service.
I ordered the same set from Amazon a few hours before it was even posted on here and got it cancelled due to a price error (although apparently loads of people have had dispatched emails?) so you would have probably ended up not getting it from Amazon either.
I've had some great deals through flubit, price changes are the risk you take (resulting in cancelled orders).

Telling everyone not to use flubit is unfair and stupid, just saying.

Edit: another good thing about flubit is it works with sellers through amazon as well, if you find something with a large delivery charge they will beat the product price as well as reduce delivery to zero. On gym equipment this can become a massive saving (I think I saved 50% total on a punchbag).
Edited by: "delusion" 17th Nov 2013
Never had a Flubit order cancelled.
I've ordered three times with them. My first order was fine, but the last 2 were cancelled. Gonna be some angry people if this causes Christmas presents to get missed out on over the coming month or so..
Aimone

my last flubit order came from asda :s confusing!

So did mine it was monsters university DVD
Flubit sucks ass. Cancellations, terrible returns process, non-existent customers service.
Just to add to this - they're still rubbish. Don't expect them to supply the item you thought you were getting, and when you get the wrong item don't expect them to correct the error and send you the right one.

Expect nothing but grief and you won't be disappointed.
Newbold

Just to add to this - they're still rubbish. Don't expect them to supply … Just to add to this - they're still rubbish. Don't expect them to supply the item you thought you were getting, and when you get the wrong item don't expect them to correct the error and send you the right one.Expect nothing but grief and you won't be disappointed.

Stop banging on about that LED Lenser, they sent you the one which was listed on the Amazon page (the original one as per picture and specs), It was Amazon who chose to supply the newer version for whatever reason that may be. As much as you want to blame Flubit they followed through with the deal from the Amazon listing.
BarmyBulldog

Stop banging on about that LED Lenser, they sent you the one which was … Stop banging on about that LED Lenser, they sent you the one which was listed on the Amazon page (the original one as per picture and specs), It was Amazon who chose to supply the newer version for whatever reason that may be. As much as you want to blame Flubit they followed through with the deal from the Amazon listing.

Drivel. Flubit promise to send the item Amazon supply. Not a cheaper alternative. Amazon supplied one thing and Flubit a cheaper one. Only buy from Flubit if you don't care what they choose to send you. Your defense of the indefensible continues to amaze me. Are they paying you?
Newbold

Drivel. Flubit promise to send the item Amazon supply. Not a cheaper … Drivel. Flubit promise to send the item Amazon supply. Not a cheaper alternative. Amazon supplied one thing and Flubit a cheaper one. Only buy from Flubit if you don't care what they choose to send you. Your defense of the indefensible continues to amaze me. Are they paying you?

I got the older version of this as well from Flubit, but to be fair, it was the one advertised on Amazon.

That's like finding an Xbox 360 on Amazon, getting Flubit to beat the price, Amazon sending out Xbox Ones by mistake, then you moaning to Flubit about not getting an Xbox One....

Ps, Flubit are crap though & the customer service is dreadful.
ChrisUK

I got the older version of this as well from Flubit, but to be fair, it … I got the older version of this as well from Flubit, but to be fair, it was the one advertised on Amazon.That's like finding an Xbox 360 on Amazon, getting Flubit to beat the price, Amazon sending out Xbox Ones by mistake, then you moaning to Flubit about not getting an Xbox One....Ps, Flubit are crap though & the customer service is dreadful.

I see your point, but it's hardly the same situation, is it? There was a lot of speculation about which torch Amazon would provide, and it wasn't any great surprise that they supplied the current model, rather than the obsolete model. That's what Amazon do - they don't tend to sell old stock. Flubit, however, despite their promise to provide exactly what Amazon provide, chose to send out the older, cheaper model.

A decent company, faced with a situation in which Amazon had sent a current model, and they'd sent an obsolete model, would have wanted to keep customers who contacted them about it happy. That's what decent companies do. They'd have sent out the correct torch to those who emailed them to ask for it. That's the John Lewis approach, that's the Amazon approach. That's the approach of a company that wants to look after and keep its customers.

Flubit's approach is the brush-off approach. The Dixons approach. The MFI approach. The approach of a company that couldn't care less about its customers.

And did you know that thay also block out adverse comments on Facebook and Twitter by blocking individual users from posting?

Does that sound to you like the sort of company you're likely to get help from when things go wrong, as they do? Flubit is a company to avoid - for all sorts of reasons - and you buy from them very much at your peril.
Newbold

Drivel. Flubit promise to send the item Amazon supply. Not a cheaper … Drivel. Flubit promise to send the item Amazon supply. Not a cheaper alternative. Amazon supplied one thing and Flubit a cheaper one. Only buy from Flubit if you don't care what they choose to send you. Your defense of the indefensible continues to amaze me. Are they paying you?

Please refer to ChrisUK's message. I'm not defending them the customer service isn't the best and they could really do with getting their act together, however in this case you really don't have a leg to stand on, they matched the Amazon offer as listed at the time, you paid for the torch listed in the offer. Amazon however chose to send for whatever reason the new version completely against what was given in the picture and the item description. In this case you honestly can't blame Flubit for posting the correct torch.
BarmyBulldog

Please refer to ChrisUK's message. I'm not defending them the customer … Please refer to ChrisUK's message. I'm not defending them the customer service isn't the best and they could really do with getting their act together, however in this case you really don't have a leg to stand on, they matched the Amazon offer as listed at the time, you paid for the torch listed in the offer. Amazon however chose to send for whatever reason the new version completely against what was given in the picture and the item description. In this case you honestly can't blame Flubit for posting the correct torch.

See post above - it's really a question of how much Flubit values its customers (if at all).
Newbold

See post above - it's really a question of how much Flubit values its … See post above - it's really a question of how much Flubit values its customers (if at all).

I can't see how you can switcheroo your issue here. Flubit posted the correct item and your issue is that they don't approach customer services in the same way as Amazon? Flubit fulfilled their end of the deal, the issue is down to why Amazon posted the incorrect product. You maybe unhappy but as a customer you have a right not to use them again. You can't have it all, if you want the discount that comes with Flubit use them but you can't expect Amazon customer service when you aren't using Amazon.
BarmyBulldog

I can't see how you can switcheroo your issue here. Flubit posted the … I can't see how you can switcheroo your issue here. Flubit posted the correct item and your issue is that they don't approach customer services in the same way as Amazon? Flubit fulfilled their end of the deal, the issue is down to why Amazon posted the incorrect product. You maybe unhappy but as a customer you have a right not to use them again. You can't have it all, if you want the discount that comes with Flubit use them but you can't expect Amazon customer service when you aren't using Amazon.

You're missing the point entirely.

1 Flubit claim: "It's for the exact same item, but cheaper"

2 Amazon were selling (and supplied) a current model of that LED Lenser torch. It was at a good price, and people assumed (wrongly) from that that it was the old model. Amazon usually supply only current models, and if it's an obsolete model they will always say that there's a later model available - they didn't say that in this case.

3 Flubit supplied the old, obsolete, cheap model for very little less than Amazon, who supplied the current version.

4 Flubit won't budge on the matter - despite the fact that they supplied the wrong model.

5 So, for a paltry discount, a long delay, lousy customer service, and quite possibly no come-back if things go wrong, you also end up with an inferior product. There's also every chance that Flubit will cancel your order, and you'll end up with nothing.

Why anyone would want to take a chance on Flubit to save a tiny amount of money, when Amazon are selling the product at virtually the same price, beats me. And as more and more people discover that (especially now they're handling the new Barclaycard scheme) more and more people are going to be ripped off by Flubit. No wonder they're keeping their identity quiet with the Barclaycard scheme - the Flubit name is now so badly tarnished it's probably losing them too many sales.
Not sure why this old thread was revived. But I will say Flubit have been brilliant for me. I've had to return faulty pc components more than once, they were helpful and everything was refunded, even return postage. I have saved 100s of pounds.

Also you need to know how to use them. Only cancel your Amazon order once the Flubit order is confirmed (in the form of an order update email), else it can still be cancelled if the price goes up. If amazon is already the cheapest place,its likely they will be the supplier anyway when using Flubit..
Flubit are brilliant. Even if their deals are wayward (me and girl at work request same item 1 hour apart, she gets it 70p cheaper)
Newbold

See post above - it's really a question of how much Flubit values its … See post above - it's really a question of how much Flubit values its customers (if at all).

So you're annoyed that you got exactly what you ordered? That makes sense...
darkstryder360

Flubit are brilliant. Even if their deals are wayward (me and girl at … Flubit are brilliant. Even if their deals are wayward (me and girl at work request same item 1 hour apart, she gets it 70p cheaper)

Wow! A whole 70p! That really makes dealing with this awful bunch worthwhile..........X)
Newbold

Wow! A whole 70p! That really makes dealing with this awful bunch … Wow! A whole 70p! That really makes dealing with this awful bunch worthwhile..........X)

On a product that was £9. It's all relative.

Anyway, I saved 70p, she saved a further 70p on that.

It's simple really, either you pay more like a lemon, or save money where you can, you know what website your on right?
delusion

Not sure why this old thread was revived. But I will say Flubit have been … Not sure why this old thread was revived. But I will say Flubit have been brilliant for me. I've had to return faulty pc components more than once, they were helpful and everything was refunded, even return postage. I have saved 100s of pounds. Also you need to know how to use them. Only cancel your Amazon order once the Flubit order is confirmed (in the form of an order update email), else it can still be cancelled if the price goes up. If amazon is already the cheapest place,its likely they will be the supplier anyway when using Flubit..

Sorry, nearly in tears laughing. Flubit confirming an order means absolutely nothing. It only means something when you have the product in hand.
darkstryder360

On a product that was £9. It's all relative. Anyway, I saved 70p, she … On a product that was £9. It's all relative. Anyway, I saved 70p, she saved a further 70p on that. It's simple really, either you pay more like a lemon, or save money where you can, you know what website your on right?

Or, you can wait for them to cancel your order when the Amazon price goes up, then have to re-buy it for 70% more than the original Amazon price. Flubit has cot me far more money than it has saved now.
moneysavingkitten

Or, you can wait for them to cancel your order when the Amazon price goes … Or, you can wait for them to cancel your order when the Amazon price goes up, then have to re-buy it for 70% more than the original Amazon price. Flubit has cot me far more money than it has saved now.

Isolated incidents. Ordered 7/8 things through them, never been had. Always been cheaper than everywhere else so can't complain.
darkstryder360

Isolated incidents. Ordered 7/8 things through them, never been had. … Isolated incidents. Ordered 7/8 things through them, never been had. Always been cheaper than everywhere else so can't complain.

Same here.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions