Don't you just hate...

Found 8th Jul 2008
Dont you just hate computer illiterate people (Especially IT Teachers who are computer illiterate...yes they exist)

Rant over...and now calm...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

haha...defo reminds me of my teacher a school... her assisstant.. a really bizzare woman.... was a computer whizz but was so so strange.

yeah my partner is well into pc's and that, he trys to explain things to me, but go's in one ear and out the other, but i love that dam "wierdo". lol

My grandad has to be the worst, one time I had to instruct him how to open something becuase 1 click wasnt enough

Original Poster

dean3988;2480341

My grandad has to be the worst, one time I had to instruct him how to … My grandad has to be the worst, one time I had to instruct him how to open something becuase 1 click wasnt enough

LoL - I feel your pain

Rant over...and now calm...

did i miss something??? Wheres the rants and examples?? Spill it!

Original Poster

kungfu;2480634

did i miss something??? Wheres the rants and examples?? Spill it!

- Teachers who refer to there USB pen as "This stick thing" and then say "How do I get the information from this to the printer"...Ugg

Someone I work with was talking to an IT tutor over the phone, explain how to use a program to find her data etc, it went something like this:

'right so click the start button'

'The what?'

'The Start button? are you using windows'

'yes, but I've never heard of a start button before'

'the green button in the left hand corner'

'oh that thing, never heard anyone call it that before'

They do exist....

What is a computer :whistling:

I don't hate computer illiterate people at all, I deal with them all the time and it just takes a little patience and understanding that not everyone has the experience others do.

What does annoy me is people looking down on others for being less skilled... sure they might not be as computer literate as you, but I bet they can do a load of things you can't...

that said, an IT teacher 'should' really know what a start button is

Original Poster

chrishill;2480853

I don't hate computer illiterate people at all, I deal with them all the … I don't hate computer illiterate people at all, I deal with them all the time and it just takes a little patience and understanding that not everyone has the experience others do. What does annoy me is people looking down on others for being less skilled... sure they might not be as computer literate as you, but I bet they can do a load of things you can't... :)that said, an IT teacher 'should' really know what a start button is

I would have thought in today’s society, computers are involved with everyone’s lives but when people aren’t willing to take in what I’ve told them to do 100 times you start to lose sympathy with them.
The amount of laptops I see that have gone into hibernation and are brought to me as a “Broken Laptop” – the amount of teachers who can’t add an attachment to an email even though they have to use email daily in their role.
Saying that, you must have the patience of a saint

At my old high school we had the utter worst it teachers...
Like seriously i knew faaar more than them and im not being big headed or geeky. In second year, we were taught to "copy and paste", i swear to god. Everybody hated it because we were treated like retards.....
I once had my I.T. teacher call me up to the front of the class as her moniter wasnt working.....The vga cable had fallen out and as soon as i went to plug it back in and shouted at me saying "Dont!! You might electrocute yourself"........

I had a teacher like that, not quite as bad but when teaching VB she never taught us how do use a certain aspect of modules correctly and when it came to the exam she passed us on something she really shouldn't have.

She also said that USB pens were powered by batteries as they were volatile.

On the other hand though she was great at teaching database.

I have just vetted one of my sons friends CV's and he put that he is used to working with various Microsoft packages so he is computer illiterate!!! I nearly wet myself laughing!! Needless to say I told my son and he advised his mate to take that part out!! Mind you- he WAS right!!:whistling:

red_dwarfer;2480949

I would have thought in today’s society, computers are involved with e … I would have thought in today’s society, computers are involved with everyone’s lives but when people aren’t willing to take in what I’ve told them to do 100 times you start to lose sympathy with them. The amount of laptops I see that have gone into hibernation and are brought to me as a “Broken Laptop” – the amount of teachers who can’t add an attachment to an email even though they have to use email daily in their role. Saying that, you must have the patience of a saint

I see your point, its more people being ignorant and not listening that getting your back up than their lack of technology savvy. I have to talk 'tech' to people who aren't technical all the time, talking them through website CMS systems and email setup, it *is* frustrating when they ring back a week later having deleted all the content on their website and blame the software when they've very obviously done it themselves!

Original Poster

chrishill;2481424

I see your point, its more people being ignorant and not listening that … I see your point, its more people being ignorant and not listening that getting your back up than their lack of technology savvy. I have to talk 'tech' to people who aren't technical all the time, talking them through website CMS systems and email setup, it *is* frustrating when they ring back a week later having deleted all the content on their website and blame the software when they've very obviously done it themselves!

LoL - I know what you mean - I see alot of teachers delete whole blocks of work from there work space and I always say the same thing - "So when it said 'Are you sure you want to delete these files?' you clicked 'Yes' " then they usually say "Yes I did and now all my works gone - can you get it back because I need it now"

Lack of knowledge doesn't bother me.

What really annoys me is the atrocious spelling that people can't be bothered to correct.

Many threads here for example often have typos even in the header.
Compounded with over-zealous use of caps lock.

*hope I have no typos in this post :?........been awake 2 days*

vaiopup;2481600

Lack of knowledge doesn't bother me.What really annoys me is the … Lack of knowledge doesn't bother me.What really annoys me is the atrocious spelling that people can't be bothered to correct.Many threads here for example often have typos even in the header.Compounded with over-zealous use of caps lock.*hope I have no typos in this post :?........been awake 2 days*

firefox + English dictionary haf savd my behynd mani a thyme!

SORRI 4 BAD SPILLING!

Isn't atrocious spelling a form of lacking knowledge?

or in my case, dyslexia

In my case it's just lacking knowledge. I seem to think that almost every word has double letters LOL

[size="7"]WELCOME TO THE PRETENTIOUS
PEDANTIC THREAD.
[/size]

leefal;2482412

[size="7"]WELCOME TO THE PRETENTIOUS PEDANTIC THREAD.[/size]

Aww, I wouldn't say you were that bad. ;-)

is there any need for a massive attention seeking post like that? and you're calling US pretentious...

Banned

Tha ped antic rave ings oAf a silf proclamed pun dit.
A plase to fined interest ing web sites, and infor mation. :?
pe·dan'ti·cal·ly

Silver Bullet;2483525

Tha ped antic rave ings oAf a silf proclamed pun dit. … Tha ped antic rave ings oAf a silf proclamed pun dit. A plase to fined interest ing web sites, and infor mations. :?pe·dan'ti·cal·ly

Original Poster

chrishill;2483381

is there any need for a massive attention seeking post like that? and … is there any need for a massive attention seeking post like that? and you're calling US pretentious...

I think he's lonely...Bless

http://www.adrants.com/images/che_sheets.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text