Found 26th Feb 2010
It's friday afternoon, you get confirmation ya new toy has been sucessfully delivered to ya house.. And you gotta wait the rest of the day to play! argh!

Wife rang to say new amp has arrived (Got my 5.1 speakers yesturday), i just wanna get home! This afternoon is gonna feel like forever.

digitaldirect.co.uk/yam…tml

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

i know that feeling....

i'm not waiting for a new 'toy'....but got a COD session arranged for this evening...and now i'm just clock watching lol

Banned

civil servants finish at lunch time on fridays, just saying.

Abz;7958267

i know that feeling....i'm not waiting for a new 'toy'....but got a COD … i know that feeling....i'm not waiting for a new 'toy'....but got a COD session arranged for this evening...and now i'm just clock watching lol

Cock watching??? Have you tried meat spinning :w00t:

Lulu'sMammy;7958523

Cock watching??? Have you tried meat spinning :w00t:

lmao @ the meat spin reference

quality

Alfonse;7958545

lmao @ the meat spin referencequality

lmao...you wont want to goto a lemonparty org then! :w00t:

birdyboyuk;7958609

lmao...you wont want to goto a lemonparty org then! :w00t:

i might...:oops:

Alfonse;7959830

i might...:oops:

I guess you have the right hair for it

Original Poster

rah rah rah

Just waiting for my centre speaker and sub to turn up now.. Will speak out my fronts later

http://i49.tinypic.com/xelyqc.jpg

Where did you get from in the end?

Found a way that works to get optical out of that revo yet?

Original Poster

sancho1983;7962637

Where did you get from in the end?Found a way that works to get optical … Where did you get from in the end?Found a way that works to get optical out of that revo yet?

Digital Direct mate - digitaldirect.co.uk/yam…tml

£240 + £20 for next day delivery.

Q Acoustic 1010i x4 set / 1000ci centre and sub has cost a total £250

Acer Revo im using hasnt got optical - but the amp doesn't need it... Has 4x HDMI.

Banned

spritey;7965873

Digital Direct mate - … Digital Direct mate - http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/yamaha/rx-v565-black.html£240 + £20 for next day delivery.Q Acoustic 1010i x4 set / 1000ci centre and sub has cost a total £250Acer Revo im using hasnt got optical - but the amp doesn't need it... Has 4x HDMI.

Are you certain the amp takes audio through the HDMI feeds? I'm fairly sure my Sony DA1200ES doesn't. Maybe its a setup thing on mine, but I'm half sure I had to buy optic cables because it wouldn't! It was a while back.... so may have dreamt it! :-D

I got given a Sky HD+ box yesterday too. Not bothered to connect it yet as my Dreambox takes care of HD, but useful for the extra storage it has.

Go on the dole, you won't have to wait then. http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7205/805888.gif

Original Poster

guv;7965921

Are you certain the amp takes audio through the HDMI feeds? I'm fairly … Are you certain the amp takes audio through the HDMI feeds? I'm fairly sure my Sony DA1200ES doesn't. Maybe its a setup thing on mine, but I'm half sure I had to buy optic cables because it wouldn't! It was a while back.... so may have dreamt it! :-DI got given a Sky HD+ box yesterday too. Not bothered to connect it yet as my Dreambox takes care of HD, but useful for the extra storage it has.

Yerp mate, i been using it all night :).

Some lower / entry models of amps dont carry HDMI Audio. This amp does. Had lovely DTS-HD pumping through last night watching a bluray

This one also does upconversion and 1080p upscaling.. ie: Plug a Wii in via component - it'll goto the TV from the amps HDMI socket and upscale to 1080p

Banned

spritey;7965952

Yerp mate, i been using it all night :).Some lower / entry models of amps … Yerp mate, i been using it all night :).Some lower / entry models of amps dont carry HDMI Audio. This amp does. Had lovely DTS-HD pumping through last night watching a bluray :)This one also does upconversion and 1080p upscaling.. ie: Plug a Wii in via component - it'll goto the TV from the amps HDMI socket and upscale to 1080p

Oi, cheeky minky. ]Entry Level indeed! Probably just a case of one of the first multi-HDMI receievers available. Thats the price for being an early adapter!

BTW, is your setup running from a server?

Original Poster

guv;7965975

Oi, cheeky minky. ]Entry Level indeed! Probably just a case of one of … Oi, cheeky minky. ]Entry Level indeed! Probably just a case of one of the first multi-HDMI receievers available. Thats the price for being an early adapter!BTW, is your setup running from a server?

Just run all my movies etc from my Windows 7 PC - attached 1TB hard drive and shared over the network.

Hehe aye, nice amp u got.. Just a bit old now is all :).

Just pass everything through with optical or coaxial.. Or run the Acer Revo to ya TV, then if your TV has an optical out.. Sound to amp that way.

Banned

spritey;7965989

Just run all my movies etc from my Windows 7 PC - attached 1TB hard drive … Just run all my movies etc from my Windows 7 PC - attached 1TB hard drive and shared over the network.

1TB? Dont you have many films? :w00t: I reckon my server will end up with about 8 TB on it. (Ive got about 400GB so far filled, but have about 4TB on 6TBs of drives to go over.

What formats do you use? Annoyingly, feeding my satellite receiver, it doesn't like ISOs or VIDEO_TS folders. But at least it likes MKV.

Hehe aye, nice amp u got.. Just a bit old now is all :).

And the silly thing..... I dont even use it.... well just rarely. Once I sort out hanging the TV in a different location, I'll sort that all out though.

Just pass everything through with optical or coaxial.. Or run the Acer … Just pass everything through with optical or coaxial.. Or run the Acer Revo to ya TV, then if your TV has an optical out.. Sound to amp that way.

The Revo is in the games rook sitting above the TV on a shelf (with consoles and sat boxes), there is no 5.1 in that room, though the gaming chairs are WiFi and all thats needed for that room. The living room however, has its own HTPC (a proper machine!!) and all the gizmos. The wireing is a mess. I'm frightened to touch it tbh.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89
    2. Google maps on Plusnet46
    3. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    4. spam regarding paypal33

See more discussions