Doom (1993) for £3.99, Doom 2 for £3.99 & Doom 3 for £7.99 for Nintendo Switch @ Nintendo eShop

Posted 26th Jul 2019
Nintendo have listed Doom 1,2,3 on the Nintendo eshop for the switch

Doom 1993 £3.99
Doom 2 £3.99
Doom 3 £7.99
Community Updates

Groups

22 Comments
Bought all 3 of them
Best way to do it! I’m definitely getting them tonight/tomorrow
Mr-Bayram26/07/2019 21:34

Bought all 3 of them

luke.chapman26/07/2019 21:35

Best way to do it! I’m definitely getting them tonight/tomorrow

I'm just glad they're decently priced on switch.
The price is amazingly generous. If only Capcom could be so kind instead of charging a fortune for all the resident evil games.

How well do they play? The screenshot they have picked for Doom 3 on the store look terrible. Like a Atari Jaguar game or something.
I’ve not actually downloaded them yet but looked at gameplay of them and I would daybreaks Doom 3 looks really good! Also it’s only £7.99 so either way it’s a win/win i reckon
jbroomey26/07/2019 21:53

The price is amazingly generous. If only Capcom could be so kind instead …The price is amazingly generous. If only Capcom could be so kind instead of charging a fortune for all the resident evil games.How well do they play? The screenshot they have picked for Doom 3 on the store look terrible. Like a Atari Jaguar game or something.

ignore daybreaks I meant say, don’t know where or why my phone changed it
luke.chapman26/07/2019 22:02

I’ve not actually downloaded them yet but looked at gameplay of them and I …I’ve not actually downloaded them yet but looked at gameplay of them and I would daybreaks Doom 3 looks really good! Also it’s only £7.99 so either way it’s a win/win i reckon

I wasn't expecting to spend £16 today.
You have to be online to play them?!

Edit

You need to log into a Bethesda Account.
Edited by: "Page50" 26th Jul 2019
I may get a switch just for this
Bethesda account required, for some reason.
doom 3 bfg had all 3 games
Is the Doom 3 the BFG edition of doom 3??
not so sure but I’m guessing it’s the standard doom 3
joanddan726/07/2019 22:22

Is the Doom 3 the BFG edition of doom 3??

luke.chapman26/07/2019 22:24

Looks more like its an FG edition, has the graphics and extra content but not the originals from the description
rgbws26/07/2019 22:15

Bethesda account required, for some reason.

After an initial log in they can be played offline
luke.chapman26/07/2019 22:24

chocobogamer26/07/2019 22:27

Looks more like its an FG edition, has the graphics and extra content but …Looks more like its an FG edition, has the graphics and extra content but not the originals from the description

I think torch attached to gun for dark areas was added to BFG version among other tweaks and stuff plus content. It’s weird not to state it’s the better version but I guess the BFG version did include originals. They should have bundled them all together too. Either way I’m downloading them as I loved doom 3 BFG version.
jbroomey26/07/2019 21:53

The price is amazingly generous. If only Capcom could be so kind instead …The price is amazingly generous. If only Capcom could be so kind instead of charging a fortune for all the resident evil games.How well do they play? The screenshot they have picked for Doom 3 on the store look terrible. Like a Atari Jaguar game or something.

The Atari Jaguar port of of Doom is one of the best ever on a console.
Anybody playing the online mp?
Edited by: "Thejewk" 26th Jul 2019
Warning DOOM 1 and 2 play like garbage on Switch.
For these prices I’d expect physical. And I already have Doom 1&2 on 360 playable on Xbone. Too expensive, I’ll wait for a sale where they’re all £2 each
It’s nice to see the U.K. being among the cheapest regions. Even switching to Mexico, the saving across all three games is less than £1.
SDLiam27/07/2019 00:22

Warning DOOM 1 and 2 play like garbage on Switch.

Actually it plays identical on all platfoms. It has a 35fps hard cap, to match the original game. The only annoying bug is the slow music, which again appears in all of the re-releases.
Edited by: "jpxdude" 31st Jul 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants