Expired

door handles spindle help

Found 27th Apr 2014
I bought the cheap white handles - Harrison Lever on Backplate Latch Door Handles Pair Rose White (https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/harrison-lever-backplate-latch-door-handles-pair-rose-white-screwfix-1-00-1792698)

i removed the old handles form the doors but my new spindles were too long - the yare 90mm (it seems) and i cant get the new handles to sit against the door. i can use the old spindles as they seem a better fit - 75mm, but i am finding it hard to get the handles to attach. is this just a case of cheap nasty handles? or the old spindle is likely slightly too big (though the new spindle doesnt push in too well to the handles when i tested it)
any help on this?? oh, the handles are expired in thread but still available..
Community Updates
AskDoorDoor Handles
4 Comments
Normally you can just cut the spindle with a hacksaw to get the best fit. It's best to start with a smaller amount than have to buy another spindle later to start again.
ok, thanks, ill try that. should i also try filing the spindle as it doesnt push onto the handles too well. or is it a case of brute force? (probably snap theses cheap handles though)
t3rm3y

ok, thanks, ill try that. should i also try filing the spindle as it … ok, thanks, ill try that. should i also try filing the spindle as it doesnt push onto the handles too well. or is it a case of brute force? (probably snap theses cheap handles though)

Put wd40 on the spindle or even washing up liquid to help it go in
cool, didnt think of that, cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions