Doritos Chilli Heatwave urgently recalled over allergy risk fears

SuperEd 3 replies
Found 17th Jul
Morning all, as above, Doritos Chilli heatwave are being recalled because they could contain milk not mentioned on the label.

Seems to be only the above at the moment but that could change and will update if that is the case.

http://i4.coventrytelegraph.net/incoming/article13339874.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Doritos-Chilli-Heatwave-Tortilla-Chips.jpg

The Food Standards Authority issued batch codes of the affected snacks which all have the 'Best Before' date of October 7, 2017.

The batch code for the 150g bag is:

GBC209 166 and GBC209 167 (time code affected between 23:47 – 01:00) 7174

The batch code for the 90g bag is:

GBC207 166 and GBC207 167 (time code affected between 23:47 – 01:00) 7187

A spokesman for PepsiCo said: "We are recalling a limited quantity of Doritos Chilli Heatwave 90g and 150g packs as a small amount of incorrectly flavoured product may have been packed into these bags.

If you believe you are affected please contact our Customer Care Line on 0800 274 777 for a full refund and for further information and advice

1. Misc
  2. Doritos
3 Comments

It always annoys me when food gets thrown away due to a simple labelling error. Surely it would be so much easier and cheaper for supermarkets etc to have the facility to print a small label and sticking it on the item.

artnada3 h, 42 m ago

It always annoys me when food gets thrown away due to a simple labelling …It always annoys me when food gets thrown away due to a simple labelling error. Surely it would be so much easier and cheaper for supermarkets etc to have the facility to print a small label and sticking it on the item.

whilst i appreciate the concept, if you were the manufacturer, would you trust supermarkets to be diligent enough to catch all the affected packs? all it takes is one lawsuit for the entire thing to be cost negative i.e. costs more to pay the lawsuit than just throw the affected batches away

Somebody gonna get the squits.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions