Double annual leave in 2020

Posted 3rd Nov
Book strategically to double your annual leave in 2020

apple.news/Aog…iGA
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Firstly this is not exactly news, nor a new thing.
Secondly it does not double your annual leave!
Third, it does not apply to N.Ireland.
Fourth, it assumes everyone works Monday to Friday and gets bank not just public holidays off.
Fifth, it assumes everyone does not work in an industry where holidays periods are peak business with limited staff holidays if any.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 3rd Nov
15 Comments
What is this?
QuiGone03/11/2019 21:39

What is this?

Maximising your holidays with weekends etc, common sense
Firstly this is not exactly news, nor a new thing.
Secondly it does not double your annual leave!
Third, it does not apply to N.Ireland.
Fourth, it assumes everyone works Monday to Friday and gets bank not just public holidays off.
Fifth, it assumes everyone does not work in an industry where holidays periods are peak business with limited staff holidays if any.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 3rd Nov
This Aimees a 'Monday - Friday' work routine. For those of us who don't have this it is pointless.
I work 5 or 6 days a week with a compulsory 24 45 hour break each week. This break can be on any day as long as I don't work more than six consecutive days. If I book a week off my boss will include the 2 days rest in it (I still get 5 days pay but comply with the law as far as weekly breaks). I don't get 5 days holiday and the weekend for free. If I want the weekend I take 7 days holiday. This is legal as well, though not morally correct.
RawMukky03/11/2019 21:53

Maximising your holidays with weekends etc, common sense

Oh, doesn’t apply for my work patterns. Know what else is common sense? This is no deal
QuiGone03/11/2019 22:09

Oh, doesn’t apply for my work patterns. Know what else is common sense? T …Oh, doesn’t apply for my work patterns. Know what else is common sense? This is no deal

It's not posted as a deal.
rogan179104/11/2019 00:10

It's not posted as a deal.

It’s been changed, even as a discussion it’s a rice cake of a topic
Ringfinger03/11/2019 22:06

This Aimees a 'Monday - Friday' work routine. For those of us who don't …This Aimees a 'Monday - Friday' work routine. For those of us who don't have this it is pointless.I work 5 or 6 days a week with a compulsory 24 45 hour break each week. This break can be on any day as long as I don't work more than six consecutive days. If I book a week off my boss will include the 2 days rest in it (I still get 5 days pay but comply with the law as far as weekly breaks). I don't get 5 days holiday and the weekend for free. If I want the weekend I take 7 days holiday. This is legal as well, though not morally correct.

It doesn’t matter if you class weekend as free or not if the boss gave you Tuesday and Wednesday as days off for example, you would put the 5 days holiday in to cover the other 5 days, regardless of what they are. So 5 days holiday gets you 1 full week off. Everyone is entitled to 28 days holiday a year this includes the 8 bank holidays. So if you have bank holidays off your entitled to 20 days holiday....
i work every 3rd weekend and get a Thursday and Friday off so for me to have that week off I put holidays in for mon,tue,wed,sat,sun... I still get full week.

regardless of what days or hours you work it is pro rata to 5.6 weeks off in hours...
either your boss is breaking the law or you don’t get how entailment works or you haven’t explained it properly. Go to the acas website loads of info on there, hope that helps....
Every year someone puts this rubbish up. Not everyone works m-f, not everyone gets bank holidays off, also if you have the bank holidays off most people only get 20 days holiday, not 28 days plus bank holidays...
I think this is for the M-F people who can't think & plan ahead and / or can't read the calendar.
Bargainhead04/11/2019 05:47

Every year someone puts this rubbish up. Not everyone works m-f, not …Every year someone puts this rubbish up. Not everyone works m-f, not everyone gets bank holidays off, also if you have the bank holidays off most people only get 20 days holiday, not 28 days plus bank holidays...

I wish he'd listen to you .
More fake news
Ringfinger04/11/2019 08:29

I wish he'd listen to you .

I get what he’s doing now he’s using your holiday as your rest day for that week. That’s up to you to put a stop to it. Ask him what days are your rest days the week you want off then put holidays in for the rest. Or speak to acas or citizen advice...
Bargainhead04/11/2019 09:27

I get what he’s doing now he’s using your holiday as your rest day for tha …I get what he’s doing now he’s using your holiday as your rest day for that week. That’s up to you to put a stop to it. Ask him what days are your rest days the week you want off then put holidays in for the rest. Or speak to acas or citizen advice...

Yes, unfortunately it's legal.
Ringfinger04/11/2019 10:26

Yes, unfortunately it's legal.

How many hours is your contract for? Could you get round it by putting a week worth of contacted hours.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants