Double Delivery from Amazon! Can they charge twice?

Found 15th Dec 2011
My wifes Amazon parcel went missing which contained Amazon goods from Black Friday event, they told her to wait until after 6th December which she did and they then sent replacement items which we received.

I went to the post office this morning as we had a missed parcel and it was the Amazon order which had gone missing! I signed for the package but we never signed for the replacement package?

What should she do? All my items from Black Friday arrived fine such as MW3 etc...

Her items which went missing are Inception bluray, a white ladies watch and some Burgois sunglow stuff (not overly exciting)
Our options:
Can they double charge us?
Should we send it back and tell them?
Do we keep the items for a while and see what happens?
Should we give them out as Christmas presents?
Sell on eBay?
Community Updates
17 Comments
Banned
Hi
Well they will defo not charge you double as they are not aware of you recieving both items and even if they were amazon cant be bothered chasing it up. So do as you please with items
i have had double items sent before and i was only charged once, they knew their mistake asked us to send one back but never did and they never followed it up so i would wait and see what they do
Banned
1st mistake? Posting on da interwebz about receiving stolen goods.

Da fedz is on to you brah
Original Poster
dimebars

1st mistake? Posting on da interwebz about receiving stolen goods. Da … 1st mistake? Posting on da interwebz about receiving stolen goods. Da fedz is on to you brah

They are not technically stolen dimebars....... YET!
In my experience with Amazon they send you an email 2-3 months later asking you to confirm that just the one package turned up. By that time, the missing one had arrived with me as well and I had already sent it back.

Running an online business the amount of people out for free stuff is annoying, so I had no hesitation in sending it back. Still, it's amazing they send brand new games untracked.
Edited by: "nickw90" 15th Dec 2011
Banned
depends how honest you are...........................

i bought a tv from a company, a week later they sent me another one and didnt realise. i gave it back and they gave me a £50 voucher
Rupz

i bought a tv from a company, a week later they sent me another one and … i bought a tv from a company, a week later they sent me another one and didnt realise. i gave it back and they gave me a £50 voucher

Im disappointed!

To OP im getting that alot of late I went to the PO the other day and picked up 6 parcels we was expecting 1 and they had been sitting there for 3 weeks (no card left)!

We was about the say they hadnt arrived, to be fair I might say anyway
They ask you to report on the missing item as mentioned above.
I would suggest you don't just send it back, as unless you have some contact reference it may not go into the system properly.
Nailez

Im disappointed!To OP im getting that alot of late I went to the PO the … Im disappointed!To OP im getting that alot of late I went to the PO the other day and picked up 6 parcels we was expecting 1 and they had been sitting there for 3 weeks (no card left)!We was about the say they hadnt arrived, to be fair I might say anyway

No point in it thought. yes i could have sold the tv and made a few hundred quid quickly but that money you use will always have bad karma attached to it and so whatever you buy with it it will always have some vodo bad shizzel attached to it.

rather live a happy life then make a quick buck
emailed amazon with a link to this thread to check

will let you know when they reply
Yes they will charge you in a couple of months

I have a pair of shoes heading my way from Amazon.

According to the tracking they have been in Lichfield depot now for 3 weeks.

I've already had the replacements, maybe the other pair will turn up one day when the first pair has worn out.
I claimed for a missing parcel through Royal Mail for a present my friend had sent to me that didn't arrive. I got compensation. A couple of days later, I was at the post office and they said they had a parcel for me...yep...the missing one. I phoned the Royal Mail and told them the truth and they said they didn't want the compensation back and thanked me for being honest.

My sis ordered a Wii from WH Smith and the order didn't go through as her credit card had expired so she reordered with her new card. Two Wiis arrived, only charged for one so she sent that one back and kept the free one! lol

Is the white watch nice? Will keep an eye on the fs/ft section X)
Edited by: "fern37" 15th Dec 2011
Original Poster
fern37

I claimed for a missing parcel through Royal Mail for a present my friend … I claimed for a missing parcel through Royal Mail for a present my friend had sent to me that didn't arrive. I got compensation. A couple of days later, I was at the post office and they said they had a parcel for me...yep...the missing one. I phoned the Royal Mail and told them the truth and they said they didn't want the compensation back and thanked me for being honest. My sis ordered a Wii from WH Smith and the order didn't go through as her credit card had expired so she reordered with her new card. Two Wiis arrived, only charged for one so she sent that one back and kept the free one! lolIs the white watch nice? Will keep an eye on the fs/ft section X)

It's this one...
amazon.co.uk/Kah…-20
think

It's this … It's this one...[url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.amazon.co.uk%252FKahuna-White-strap-Ladies-AKLS-0160L%252Fdp%252FB005BO8GB0%252Fref%253Dsr_1_20%253Fie%253DUTF8%2526qid%253D1323972552%2526sr%253D8-20]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kahuna-White-strap-Ladies-AKLS-0160L/dp/B005BO8GB0/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1323972552&sr=8-20[/url]

It's nice but I have to resist! lol I have so many watches already that some never get put forwards or back as they don't get worn.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants