double mattress please help

Found 29th Dec 2010
after some advice on a mattress bought a bed with a supposedly a deluxe mattress and its rubbish. looking for a new mattress now any advice local guy selling memory foam mattress for £150 should be £999 he says ive been looking at
very.co.uk/sil…802

any help would be appreciated

1. Misc
  2. Mattress
7 Comments

I'm also in need of a double mattress myself... look at a mattress buying guide to decide what attributes you want in a mattress
(mine are a medium-firm mattress, and i like the sound of silentnight's miracoil spring system. I also tried out some latex and memory foam mattresses in some bed stores and wasnt keen on them, so i know to rule those out)

Main ones i've been considering are:
amazon.co.uk/Sil…-75

amazon.co.uk/Sil…s_t

amazon.co.uk/Sil…-74

amazon.co.uk/Lim…-84

amazon.co.uk/Sil…-88

Then i've been getting caught up in the amazon marketplace merchant's individual sites...
I'm still kinda undecided on which to go for myself.

I also just had to make this other thread asking for advice on whether a site i was planning to purchase from was legit... lol http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/does-this-site-seem-legitimate-csns/839020

go sit on some.

From the looking around ive done over the past couple of days it also seems like silentnight rarely provider the same model of mattress to more than one retailer. That seems to allow the retailer to advertise a high RRP, and then sell it at 50% off.

Therefore, very.co.uk's price on that mattress seems about £30 too high compared to other similar models. (on very.co.uk it works out as £185 with delivery?)

I stuck "silentnight" into google.co.uk/pro…cts and pricerunner.co.uk btw, and went from there to find different sites...

If you'd prefer to stick to larger stores though, take a look at argos.co.uk or homebase (use homebase's 15% off voucher that expires december 31st to lower the prices)
Edited by: "Eldini" 29th Dec 2010

I would advise you to sleep on it before making any rash decisions.

this is a memory foam mattress for £155 free next day delivery
Here

You will never get a quality mattress for that kind of money.

I would always go for Pocket Sprung if you can find one. I spent £2500 on 2 Single Dunlopillo latex ones for my superkingsize bed (electric beds put together) to replace my lovely ones and they were totally different and much harder so I am now gutted as thought they would be identical but they "made them better" thicker and rock hard more like! I tried pocket spring with a layer of latex and wish to god I had bought that!
Edited by: "fifitrix123" 30th Dec 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text