double sided tape

Found 21st Jul 2016
Hi I need to put up a doorbell onto my composite door, its the ring doorbell, I don't want to screw it into the door so the only way I can have it up is by sticking it up. I live in a terraced house so cant mount on the wall or anything, obviously didn't think it through before buying.

can someone please direct me to the strongest double sided sticky tape, if you have used one you know works that's better.

Thanks alot
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
If it's what I'm thinking, which is just the small box with the button on that rings a bell indoors, I used sticky foam pads to hold mine. Because the box was thin enough, I even managed to stick it on the door frame rather than the door, so it didn't make the door look weird.:)

You can also cut them to whatever size you want, so if one pad doesn't sit quite right, you could use two smaller pads. Mine has been up for years, and I've never needed to replace the pads. Search ebay for 252276331328.
Edited by: "Quietus" 21st Jul 2016
Gorilla Tape .
Halfords for a rear view mirror sticky pad is the strongest you can get. Hobbycraft sell pads. I don't think it will stay on if the rain gets to it. You can use silicone . just hold in place with tape til it dries.
Original Poster
wayners

Halfords for a rear view mirror sticky pad is the strongest you can get. … Halfords for a rear view mirror sticky pad is the strongest you can get. Hobbycraft sell pads. I don't think it will stay on if the rain gets to it. You can use silicone . just hold in place with tape til it dries.

so is it the Halfords one or the hobbeycraft one that your recommending? cheers
Original Poster
Quietus

If it's what I'm thinking, which is just the small box with the button on … If it's what I'm thinking, which is just the small box with the button on that rings a bell indoors, I used sticky foam pads to hold mine. Because the box was thin enough, I even managed to stick it on the door frame rather than the door, so it didn't make the door look weird.:)You can also cut them to whatever size you want, so if one pad doesn't sit quite right, you could use two smaller pads. Mine has been up for years, and I've never needed to replace the pads. Search ebay for 252276331328.

that's the issue, its not a normal bell its worth upto £200, its the ring doorbell one with camera and speaker and mic thing. that's why I need something very strong and waterproof would be more ideal.
lendu

so is it the Halfords one or the hobbeycraft one that your recommending? … so is it the Halfords one or the hobbeycraft one that your recommending? cheers

​Halfords one. Supposed to hold a rear view mirror to windscreen and you know how firm they are. Not sure how they would hold up to weather but you could run some silicone around push button after you stick on door with pad. This would stop the wet getting to the sticky pad. Hobbycraft just sell the standard pads.
Original Poster
ah wicked sorted il take a look at that.
Original Poster
philmitchell

Gorilla Tape .

​looked at these mate and they do look good I'll look into it
lendu

that's the issue, its not a normal bell its worth upto £200, its the ring … that's the issue, its not a normal bell its worth upto £200, its the ring doorbell one with camera and speaker and mic thing. that's why I need something very strong and waterproof would be more ideal.

Ah, fair enough. Good luck anyway.:)
Number plate tape or scotch 3m construction tape
Edited by: "markvirgo" 21st Jul 2016
What about sugru?
Original Poster
NEVER HEARD OF THAT, WILL LOOK IT UP NOW THANKS FOR THAT.

sorry caps lock was on
Gorilla glue.
What about this?

amazon.co.uk/Uni…UQ8

Top Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars
Worked fine By Mr. A. PICKUP on 3 July 2013
Style Name: Original Packaging
Item Package Quantity: 1 Verified Purchase
This arrived on time. It was for a remote doorbell to fix the bell push onto a plaster wall. There was an adhesive pad with the bell, but I found the push on the floor a few days later. Bought these, and it is still rock solid. Haven't tried to remove it, but I expect it would be OK. Recommended, it did the job.
Comment 8 people found this helpful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions