Groups

Downgrade Orange Tariff

Well 12 months ago I signed a 24 month contract on Dolphin 30 with a £10 discount. 600mins/unlimtext/internet. Received a good phone at the time (even though I sold it and bought a new one to replace it recently).

I'm happy with tariff and have received a great service so far, but I have been told you can downgrade after half your term is up. I've been looking at the current Dolphin 24 month tariffs and the £20/£25 tariffs are both suitable for me. However, will I be able to keep the £10 discount making this movement worthwhile?

Any help would be much appreciated.

7 Comments

I've got a £5 a month discount with T-Mobile and the advisor said that if i do any downgrading or upgrading id lose it.

I did this very thing last week. Was on dolphin 40 with 10 off, 1200 mins unltd text and 500mb internet. I have downgraded to dolphin 35 which I will now get 800 mins unlimited texts and 500mb

I did this very thing last week. Was on dolphin 40 with 10 off, 1200 mins unltd text and 500mb internet. I have downgraded to dolphin 35 which I will now get 800 mins unlimited texts and 500mb. I was assured by the Orange advisor that I would still get the £10 discount making my remaining 11 months only £25. It will be effective from my next bill date. Hope this helps

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, particularly dekaburns.

Now that I know it's possible, I won't let them talk me out of it.
    Edited by: "ghost101" 23rd Aug 2010

Original Poster

Well they opened at 8am, and a polite indian woman named Mary , downgraded the tariff to Dolphin 25 with the £10 discount. No hassle whatsoever.

To downgrade any further I have to wait till month 18. But Dolphin 20 has too few minutes for me anyway.

I didn't realise you could downgrade again at month 18 so cheers for the info. If only I wasn't stuck with this hero for another 11 months, don't think Il be signing up for another 2 year phone contract ever again.

Original Poster

dekaburns

I didn't realise you could downgrade again at month 18 so cheers for the … I didn't realise you could downgrade again at month 18 so cheers for the info. If only I wasn't stuck with this hero for another 11 months, don't think Il be signing up for another 2 year phone contract ever again.

I had the hero as well. Thought it was an okay deal for £20 a month.

If yours is in good condition, you can always sell it on ebay for £130-£150 and put it towards a new phone. Something like the Xperia X10 (big version) can be bought for around £200 if you find the right listing. Its even cheaper if you look on av forums.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …273946
      2. word association Game72944190
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1719

See more discussions