Groups

Downgrade Your Wii / Run Homebrew Without Twilight Princess

Dont know if this has already been mentioned, cant see it but thought you'd all like to know about the 'bannerbomber' method of getting the homebrew channel on your wii, its easy.

You can also downgrade to any other firmware using the method in this video

youtube.com/wat…FjI

Tried it myself today so I could get scumm going on my wii, downgraded from 4.0 to 3.3

17 Comments

I did a systems upgrade and my wii stopped playing iso images, whats the best firmware to downgrade to?

oh and any idea where I can get firmware from?

cheers,
    worto.

Original Poster

the files supplied on the link in this has all firmwares, i believe 3.4 is the best although I dont condone piracy myself !

youtube.com/wat…FjI

i found this new softmod today on wiiso.com and got homebrew channel on my 4.0 wii in a few minutes, and its really simple to do.

Original Poster

was you able to install wads using that method? because i tried to install a wad and it gave me and error thats why i went down to 3.4

yes the pack i downloaded had it all in the package so did it all at once and its working perfectly so far.
    wiiso.com/sho…038
    thats the thread where i got the tutorial from

the files supplied on the link in this has all firmwares, i believe 3.4 … the files supplied on the link in this has all firmwares, i believe 3.4 is the best although I dont condone piracy myself !http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s-IBu4sFjI

cool - thanks - I'll have a look at the vid then, have some rep

who mentioned piracy?

What this this mean though :oops: , that you can download games from the internet?

Original Poster

if you're naughty then yes, you can also use it to play homebrew games, ie older games converted to wii by people or games made people at home as well as other applications such as getting your wii to play dvd films etc.

Cool, might be time for me to have a wii.

Shengis;5266167

Cool, might be time for me to have a wii.

Not sure why you'd get a Wii just because this method came out?

If you buy a wii, and it has factory installed 4.0 firmware, this method is supposed not to work, it's for people who have done a system update to 4.0 from a lower firmware.

thesaint;5266515

Not sure why you'd get a Wii just because this method came out?If you buy … Not sure why you'd get a Wii just because this method came out?If you buy a wii, and it has factory installed 4.0 firmware, this method is supposed not to work, it's for people who have done a system update to 4.0 from a lower firmware.

no this is for the new wii that come with version 4.0 installed, my wii is a new one with 4.0 firmware, never modded before and this method worked on it.

shanz172000;5266634

no this is for the new wii that come with version 4.0 installed, my wii … no this is for the new wii that come with version 4.0 installed, my wii is a new one with 4.0 firmware, never modded before and this method worked on it.

Okay, so you have purchased a brand new Wii with factory installed 4.0 on it?
    The forums that I have read, say that it shouldn't work.

That's good if it does. :thumbsup:

yes mine has the factory installed 4.0 firmware, this bannerbomb softmod is meant for the factory installed 4.0 firmware so there's no need for downgrading or upgrading anything.

shanz172000;5266699

yes mine has the factory installed 4.0 firmware, this bannerbomb softmod … yes mine has the factory installed 4.0 firmware, this bannerbomb softmod is meant for the factory installed 4.0 firmware so there's no need for downgrading or upgrading anything.

Thanks for the info, I know someone that is wanting to get a brand new Wii, but was worried about 4.0.
    Will let them know the news.

thesaint;5266515

Not sure why you'd get a Wii just because this method came out?If you buy … Not sure why you'd get a Wii just because this method came out?If you buy a wii, and it has factory installed 4.0 firmware, this method is supposed not to work, it's for people who have done a system update to 4.0 from a lower firmware.

Because you can mod it... For freeeeeee :lol: I wouldn't buy a new one anyway as they're a bit crap and overpriced, but the wife thinks they're 'fun'. I'm happy with my original xbox

Shengis;5267893

Because you can mod it... For freeeeeee :lol: I wouldn't buy a new one … Because you can mod it... For freeeeeee :lol: I wouldn't buy a new one anyway as they're a bit crap and overpriced, but the wife thinks they're 'fun'. I'm happy with my original xbox

Okay. The old way would only have a nett cost of a pound or two anyway.

The new way is actually a lot more involved than the Zelda way, so I still use Zelda.

Banned

thesaint;5267938

Okay. The old way would only have a nett cost of a pound or two … Okay. The old way would only have a nett cost of a pound or two anyway.The new way is actually a lot more involved than the Zelda way, so I still use Zelda.

Still use Zelda? Are you running some sort of mod business to go with all the NDS and memory card stuff?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944536
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846380
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2149
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow610

See more discussions