downgrading ipod touch

jailbreakme.com says i gotta down grade it im on 4.0.2 any one got a site i can do it on i tried googling it but can only find ones for 30 dollars

6 Comments

You can only downgrade if you have your SHSH's saved from before you upgraded to 4.0.2

Original Poster

JayBird

You can only downgrade if you have your SHSH's saved from before you … You can only downgrade if you have your SHSH's saved from before you upgraded to 4.0.2

just bought it off ebay been restored lol so it not gonna work ?

vicknanth

just bought it off ebay been restored lol so it not gonna work ?

Get the 4.0 Firmware and do a restore. Done it with mine, upgraded from 3.1.3 to 4.0 to 4.0.2 all without it being jailbroken, then downgraded to 4.0. Only thing is you cannot go back to 3.1.3.

Original Poster

anthonyt

Get the 4.0 Firmware and do a restore. Done it with mine, upgraded from … Get the 4.0 Firmware and do a restore. Done it with mine, upgraded from 3.1.3 to 4.0 to 4.0.2 all without it being jailbroken, then downgraded to 4.0. Only thing is you cannot go back to 3.1.3.

ok ty totally new at this lol how do i restore and how do i get the 4.0 on to the ipod lol

I used the guide below to upgrade mine today to os4.0 and then jailbreak, worked perfectly. Mine is a 2G which was running 3.12 (jailbroken)

The site is here:
iclarified.com/ent…id=

Look the the list and pick the tutorial that matches yours, I selected the
' How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 2G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.0]'
but wasn't sure it would work as mine was on 3.12, and this said for ipod on os4, turned out fine though.

If you're not sure which iPod you have, check on this site (enter serial number to get model)
On the below page, under the first download box is this line:
'If you don't know what device or specific device generation you got, click here. '
Easy to miss.

felixbruns.de/iPo…re/

The above site can also be used to download the original v4.0 os, maybe you will need to restore this first? not sure. Anyway, to know how to restore read the fisrt part of one of the above tutorials. (basically hold down 'shift' when you click 'restore' on the main iTunes page with your device connected, this allows you to specify the os file you downloaded)

No expert on these, but this worked out fine for me. Hope it helps.

Edited by: "Richierea" 4th Sep 2010

Original Poster

Richierea

I used the guide below to upgrade mine today to os4.0 and then jailbreak, … I used the guide below to upgrade mine today to os4.0 and then jailbreak, worked perfectly. Mine is a 2G which was running 3.12 (jailbroken)The site is here:http://iclarified.com/entries/index.php?page=1&caid=2&scid=15&seid=Look the the list and pick the tutorial that matches yours, I selected the ' How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 2G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.0]' but wasn't sure it would work as mine was on 3.12, and this said for ipod on os4, turned out fine though.If you're not sure which iPod you have, check on this site (enter serial number to get model)On the below page, under the first download box is this line:'If you don't know what device or specific device generation you got, click here. ' Easy to miss.http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/#The above site can also be used to download the original v4.0 os, maybe you will need to restore this first? not sure. Anyway, to know how to restore read the fisrt part of one of the above tutorials. (basically hold down 'shift' when you click 'restore' on the main iTunes page with your device connected, this allows you to specify the os file you downloaded)No expert on these, but this worked out fine for me. Hope it helps.

thanks ill try tht tomorrow bit late now will let u know if it works
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213597
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764000
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386133

See more discussions