Groups

Download festival traffic tomorrow...

Random forum to post this on, but as good as any I guess!

Travelling from Nottingham to Alton towers (not my choice!) tomorrow morning, does anyone know if what the traffic is likely to be like?
    Specifically worrying about the A453 /M1 /A50 island area.
    Think it's going to be a bit busier than usual with people going to Download for the Sunday, but not sure just how bad it's likely to be.

Any opinions greatly appreciated
    Cheers

6 Comments

If anything like Detonate Festival (Download Festival is better and bigger) then it will be crazy
    Traffic management and road signs are adequate but mix that with 1,000's of young drivers and then you know it's going to be a nightmare.

pm sent

Maybe the A453 will be easier now it's dualled but I'd stay well clear - possibly A52 route - if I had the time
    Edited by: "philphil61" 10th Jun

Original Poster

Thanks, yeh I live a few minutes form Detonate.

We'll see then, at least the 453 is better now it's dual carriageway

Apprently queues to get into the arena are very long as well due to more secruity searches

A50 will be unaffected. Most issues will be the roads leading up to junction for east midlands airport but with the poor attendance this year it may be quieter.

Why don't you just take the A52 to Derby and then carry on through Derby towards Ashbourne and go that way? I can't think there would be much in it and there won't be traffic that way.

I always go that way although I live in Derby.

Original Poster

There was no traffic at all, thanks all!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?817
      2. love affairs810
      3. word association Game73844475
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767217

See more discussions