Groups

Download speed and now internet slow!!

I should be getting 10mb as I recall I only get about 3ish mb, also my internet has just started going slow takes a while to load websites up, and nope ain't downloading anything, any ideas?

19 Comments

Restart router

Original Poster

Starr;6320710

Restart router

Didn't work.

Who are you with?

Virgin as 10mb i assume?

Original Poster

Starr;6320775

Who are you with?Virgin as 10mb i assume?

yeah

Original Poster

its called traffic management i,m afraid, i think its from 5pm till 11 or something where your speed slows down somewhat

I am getting similar at moment. When it all goes slow seems to coincide with a crackle on telephone line
    Broadband keeps dropping and sometimes reconnects. Other times wont do so. So annoying.
    After taking all the BS about a faulty modem the support people are blaming noisy lines and gotta phone the telephone guys

its nothing to do with phone line, its traffic management, read it on their website, its fine in the day but when 5pm comes along its all change i,m afraid, (its when everyone comes home n starts using pcs, internet etc, hence the slow down)

Are you all Virgin customers?

I know Fibre optic is great as in you get what they say not "up to" but is it all the time your speed gets throttled?

Original Poster

Im getting normal now?

Met-Cast;6321136

Im getting normal now?

10 o clock so off peak i assume

I'm not with virgin

Original Poster

Starr;6321139

10 o clock so off peak i assume

n1ttygr1tty;6321096

its nothing to do with phone line, its traffic management, read it on … its nothing to do with phone line, its traffic management, read it on their website, its fine in the day but when 5pm comes along its all change i,m afraid, (its when everyone comes home n starts using pcs, internet etc, hence the slow down)

n1ttygr1tty;6321018

its called traffic management i,m afraid, i think its from 5pm till 11 or … its called traffic management i,m afraid, i think its from 5pm till 11 or something where your speed slows down somewhat

Oooh good I was getting worried they put me back down to 2mb

allyours.virginmedia.com/htm…tml

between 4-9 you can only dl 1500mb otherwise your speed is capped 75% i.e like you said 3mb! (roughly 330kb/s max)

WoolyM;6321143

I'm not with virgin

Maybe your filters?

Original Poster

sourcelives;6321204

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.htmlbetween 4-9 you … http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.htmlbetween 4-9 you can only dl 1500mb otherwise your speed is capped 75% i.e like you said 3mb! (roughly 330kb/s max)

5 hours 1.5gb total? :?

Starr;6321225

Maybe your filters?

I would be amazed if the fault is my end. Checked all the usual stuff. Its intermittent. Can go for days/months with no issues then bingo....... chaos

Im with Virgin, and my net has been unbelievably slow today...all day hell i can't even play call of duty. So far it has taken hours to download pes10 demo and it still hasn't finished. Think its a problem with Virgin today

WoolyM;6321262

I would be amazed if the fault is my end. Checked all the usual stuff. … I would be amazed if the fault is my end. Checked all the usual stuff. Its intermittent. Can go for days/months with no issues then bingo....... chaos

Just saying as i had a problem phone would ring BB would cut off.

That solved that problem, simple but effective.

Sounds like you have more probs though

Who you with?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764171
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2955
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891819
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24112

See more discussions