Downloading Question

I've been trying to download Heroes Season 2 premier for about 3 days now, I used UTorrent and Isohunt for season one and it took about 3 days but recently for me UTorrent seems to be going slow as anything. My current internet connection runs between 3.5-4.6 mb

Any ideas or should I look elsewhere for this download?

All help appreciated

12 Comments

Banned

natversion1

I've been trying to download Heroes Season 2 premier for about 3 days … I've been trying to download Heroes Season 2 premier for about 3 days now, I used UTorrent and Isohunt for season one and it took about 3 days but recently for me UTorrent seems to be going slow as anything. My current internet connection runs between 3.5-4.6 mbAny ideas or should I look elsewhere for this download?All help appreciated

Its likely your connection is being throttled. (What ISP do you use?)

But having said that, I would always advise to use usenet. It may not be free, but you will get what you want! I use [url]www.usenetserver.com[/url] - which costs me about £7 per month. Download speeds will be the max your line can take. (Which for me means a 4.3GB DVD would take about 45 minutes.)

Original Poster

Currently Tiscalli. So you recommend the usenet then? I don't mind paying for a decent site if I know people use it and it works well.

guv whats your connection speed and what speeds do you get on newsgroups?

I have a 1.4Mbit connection and get about 180KB/s and I use newsgroups

It wouldn't be the case of it being a badly seeded torrent?

Sometime when new episodes come out I find they can be quite slow sometimes due to the fact there is only 1 seeder and 1,000 leechers.

Banned

sammyc7

guv whats your connection speed and what speeds do you get on newsgroups?

My connection is 16.5Mb and download is 1200KBps

To the OP - usenet isnt a website! Its a collection of "newsgroups" - of which there are 1000s of binary "newsgroups" which contain virtually anything you can think of! They are not there for ever - but usenetserver.com has a retention of 100 days plus - which is about the best there is. Its unlimited - so beats the other "good ones" IMHO.

hmm i have a 1mb connection and get 750kb/s on enwsgroups

Banned

UltimoScorpion

Just watch it onlinehttp://watchheroes.sitesled.com/season2/S02E01.html

Useful for some I suppose - but not much use if you want to watch it on a TV and not a small part of your PC monitor.

And if you use usenet, ]this site will give you nzb links to use on binary newsgroups - heroes series 2 ep 1 is there i guess that's all that's been broadcast as yet??

It took you 3 days to download the episodes of season 1? Or you mean it's taken 3 days to download season 2 ep 1?

im on 20mb and i get 2.5mb per sec!!!

my hard drive goes into work overload lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763958
    2. Better watch out for these...912
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions