Groups

DPD are rubbish

DPD split my delivery, I received three out of four parts and the forth, alledgedly signed for, has gone missing. DPD did not honour there 90 minute reply promise and the only thing I get from them is a "contact the supplier" this is very poor sevice indeed. My supplier told me it had been delivered somewhere lese but calling them produced no results. By walking round the estate and knocking on doors I finally found it. How can a delivery company split a delivery and deliver a box to the wrong address and record a third wrong adress when the parcel is clearly marked ? Why should I have to go door knocking doing DPD's job for them ? Why was the parcel delivered to the wrong address ?, why doesn't DPD honour there 90 minute relpy guarantee ? Why Don't DPF care. I will be letting the supplier know and ask they change. Why is it impossible to talk to anyone ?

Top comments

always found DPD to be the best by far, unlike the likes of yodel and amazon logistics.
    40 Comments

always found DPD to be the best by far, unlike the likes of yodel and amazon logistics.

Why don't you contact DPD?

I've almost always had good service from them, however, they did mess up my Samsung S7 Edge order. I missed the first delivery and the label they reprinted missed out the first number of my address so the redelivery ended up 40+ houses down the road.

Luckily the old guy it got delivered figured it and knocked on my door.

I contacted them via email and got a refund on postage which was better than nothing I suppose.

Didn't realise this was a social media platform....

Missing stuff happens with all the carriers,

the worst is my hermes and yodel, because they hire anyone and when people get fed up with crap pay they just steal and quit

Must say DPD has always for at least the last 10 years been A1 with their service, and they provide a brilliant mobile app with notifications and live tracking.

dtovey89

Why don't you contact DPD?I've almost always had good service from them, … Why don't you contact DPD?I've almost always had good service from them, however, they did mess up my Samsung S7 Edge order. I missed the first delivery and the label they reprinted missed out the first number of my address so the redelivery ended up 40+ houses down the road.Luckily the old guy it got delivered figured it and knocked on my door.I contacted them via email and got a refund on postage which was better than nothing I suppose.

same here the one and only time i had a problem they bent over backwards too fix it.

really seems they haven't even tried to contact them as i found them super easy to contact and as i said they bent over backwards to help
    Edited by: "voyager123" 10th May

Same as above for me, DPD has always been superb for me. Always get a text in the morning saying the parcel is due from "8.30 - 9.30am" (always the same times) and lets you track the driver too

Not sure why anybody is bothering to reply. OP created this account today to have a moan because of a whole 1 bad experience. We will probably never see him again.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 10th May

why should you? maybe because it's in your interest too.

RossD89

Not sure why anybody is bothering to reply. OP created this thread today … Not sure why anybody is bothering to reply. OP created this thread today to have a moan because of a whole 1 bad experience. We will probably never see him again.

reading between the lines of the post, i get the feeling they are they type of person that would still moan if they beamed the items to your home as soon as you placed the order, some people just love a good moan and DPD cant really DO anything if you dont contact them.

also a bit strange that someone would join THIS site just to make a post like this

Edited by: "voyager123" 10th May

voyager123

also a bit strange that someone would join THIS site just to my a post … also a bit strange that someone would join THIS site just to my a post like this

Yea I meant account, not thread, in my initial post. Edited now.

Edited by: "RossD89" 10th May

Robot_Rooster

Lunch was yummy would you like to see a picture of what I had?

Before consumption or as a waste product?

They will only get worse under Corbyn. Please consider May for her power in European​ negotiations.

keith252

...Why was the parcel delivered to the wrong address ?

Perhaps the driver delivered three (to one location) & didn't realise a fourth parcel was due to be delivered too.

A genuine mistake.

Upon returning later, the same delivery location was not possible, so they had to select a different location, rather than returning the following day, or expecting you to visit the depot.

keith252

...Why Don't DPF care...?

I don't DPF'ing know.

I can do both, feeling generous.

fanpages

You are here:Home Misc Other DPD are rubbishDid you miss the path?[ … You are here:Home >>Misc >> Other >>DPD are rubbishDid you miss the path?[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/all/deals/ ]

In no way dos that say, 'Have a rant on what's on your mind'. I'm pretty sure this platform is where you post deals, freebies and competitions, not use it like Facebook

McGloney97

In no way dos that say, 'Have a rant on what's on your mind'. I'm pretty … In no way dos that say, 'Have a rant on what's on your mind'. I'm pretty sure this platform is where you post deals, freebies and competitions, not use it like Facebook

Miscellaneous is a place to list anything that doesn't fit into the other … Miscellaneous is a place to list anything that doesn't fit into the other categories, including questions, general chat and links to deals or opportunities that do not involve products or services.

- hotukdeals.com/help

I've found DPD the best usually but the one time it went wrong it was a pain to sort. When it went wrong for me, they twice failed to deliver my parcel. They then confirmed they had it inmy local depot but couldn't deliver it to me due to "their labelling machine being broken" and they wouldn't let me collect it either. Their attitude wasn't great to getting it sorted until I formally complained and then it was sorted very quickly. That said, they are streets ahead of Myhermes for reliability and tracking, and don't get me started on Amazon as 3 of my last 4 Prime deliveries have been late.

first i have seen a negative with DPD. Out of everyone who delivers, DPD are by far the best, mmmm

Chiptivo

They will only get worse under Corbyn. Please consider May for her power … They will only get worse under Corbyn. Please consider May for her power in European negotiations.

X)

gotta say dpd always been spot on for me. sounds like you unfortunately have a lousy driver in your area?

I've also had a bad experience with an Amazon seller and involving DPD (but my HUKD account is coming up to it's 5th birthday )

Ordered goods and checked tracking and got the notification goods out for delivery etc. I was in all day as was my neighbour to my left and the neighbour to the right returned from his self employed business at about 10.45hrs - so we were all in for most if not all the day.

The next day goods still not received and I questioned myself as I know Amazon are pretty reliable when it comes to supplying most of their goods on time so I checked DPD's tracking page and it had been delivered yesterday to No 12 with a surname I didn't recognise.

I contacted Amazon and the seller - Amazon had UNDERSTOOD AND rapidly re-ordered the goods with a next day whilst the seller was adamant the goods had been delivered. I then asked the seller to converse with Amazon (share information) and come back to me. Later the seller apologised and had instructed DPD to investigate. I telephoned by dear neighbour (the senior citizen who I try to help when I can) to ask if she knew what next door but one's name was (so I could tie it in with the erroneous delivery but the other neighbour had married and nobody knew her married name so I decided to visit my next door but one neighbour (strange lady, has issues including mental you know the sort from when you are a kid and the oldies or friends tell you a witch or crazy person lives there) and I explained my missing delivery (was going to put sheepishly but didn't want to be labelled racist against the Welsh )

and yes she accepted the goods put them in her shed and said flip (can't use the other word) all to anyone

Contacted Amazon and seller - hopefully DPD will have some explaining to do when me and both my neighbours were at home why did thy deliver 2 doors away?

TLDR
    DPD are crap - can't even deliver direct to address or direct neighbour who were all at home

philphil61

I've also had a bad experience with an Amazon seller and involving DPD … I've also had a bad experience with an Amazon seller and involving DPD (but my HUKD account is coming up to it's 5th birthday )Ordered goods and checked tracking and got the notification goods out for delivery etc. I was in all day as was my neighbour to my left and the neighbour to the right returned from his self employed business at about 10.45hrs - so we were all in for most if not all the day.The next day goods still not received and I questioned myself as I know Amazon are pretty reliable when it comes to supplying most of their goods on time so I checked DPD's tracking page and it had been delivered yesterday to No 12 with a surname I didn't recognise. I contacted Amazon and the seller - Amazon had UNDERSTOOD AND rapidly re-ordered the goods with a next day whilst the seller was adamant the goods had been delivered. I then asked the seller to converse with Amazon (share information) and come back to me. Later the seller apologised and had instructed DPD to investigate. I telephoned by dear neighbour (the senior citizen who I try to help when I can) to ask if she knew what next door but one's name was (so I could tie it in with the erroneous delivery but the other neighbour had married and nobody knew her married name so I decided to visit my next door but one neighbour (strange lady, has issues including mental you know the sort from when you are a kid and the oldies or friends tell you a witch or crazy person lives there) and I explained my missing delivery (was going to put sheepishly but didn't want to be labelled racist against the Welsh )and yes she accepted the goods put them in her shed and said flip (can't use the other word) all to anyoneContacted Amazon and seller - hopefully DPD will have some explaining to do when me and both my neighbours were at home why did thy deliver 2 doors away?TLDRDPD are crap - can't even deliver direct to address or direct neighbour who were all at home

So it was delivered to a neighbour and the tracking said this so why then contact the seller/amazon and not just pick it up from the neighbour?

cdm22

So it was delivered to a neighbour and the tracking said this so why then … So it was delivered to a neighbour and the tracking said this so why then contact the seller/amazon and not just pick it up from the neighbour?

You didn't read it all or you didn't understand it all
    I was at home
    Both my immediate neighbours were at home (one all day and the other from 10.45am)
    Why did it get delivered 2 doors away
    The surname given was not recognised by me or my neighbour who has lived on the estate since it was built
    And the surname was incorrect - actual surname begins with a B not P as per the seller
    If it had been a different street then I could understand the massive error
    But delivering it two doors away when I was in and both my neighbours were at home just makes no sense at all.

Added

And if you are waiting goods and you check and it says "delivered" what do you do if you haven't received the goods? Me and most others would contact the seller (which is Amazon)

Edited by: "philphil61" 10th May

philphil61

You didn't read it all or you didn't understand it allI was at homeBoth … You didn't read it all or you didn't understand it allI was at homeBoth my immediate neighbours were at home (one all day and the other from 10.45am)Why did it get delivered 2 doors awayThe surname given was not recognised by me or my neighbour who has lived on the estate since it was builtAnd the surname was incorrect - actual surname begins with a B not P as per the sellerIf it had been a different street then I could understand the massive errorBut delivering it two doors away when I was in and both my neighbours were at home just makes no sense at all.

No, I read it all and understood it. Fair enough they should have delivered it to you directly if you were in but all you had to do was spend 30 seconds to go next door but one to pick it up. Would have saved all the time and energy contacting neighbours, the seller and amazon. Just seems odd is all.

cdm22

No, I read it all and understood it. Fair enough they should have … No, I read it all and understood it. Fair enough they should have delivered it to you directly if you were in but all you had to do was spend 30 seconds to go next door but one to pick it up. Would have saved all the time and energy contacting neighbours, the seller and amazon. Just seems odd is all.

Got message "Goods out for delivery"
    Next day still not received
    Check tracking on DPD's site - states delivered the day before to No 12 with surname
    I don't recognise name and why No 12 - so I call Amazon
    They re-order goods - I had asked if I should visit No 12 on the off chance but Amazon said no - it's for them to resolve. Amazon accepts it's their responsibility to ensure goods are delivered correctly
    Within 10 mins Amazon seller sends message stating "Goods delivered to No 12 with "surname""
    I contact Amazon seller asking them to communicate with Amazon and come back to me
    Amazon seller messages back an apology and understands the error and puts pressure on DPD to fix

On my own back I made a call to my elderly neighbour about the surname just in case
    On my own free will I visited No 12 just to enquire
    I resolved the cock up and I didn't need to

And you are forgetting No 12 accepted the delivery and did nothing except lock them away in her shed - who does that?
    Edited by: "philphil61" 10th May

i blame amazon for that phil, they didn't ask if you had made the epic journey 2 doors away to see if it was delivered
    they gave you too much credit
    amazon fail

As a sender I had nearly as many issues with DPD as with Hermes.
    Maybe it was bad luck only ,but they lost , delayed or send to completely different country to many parcels over the time.
    I've been asked to call depots abroad myself in order to find them ....

brilly

i blame amazon for that phil, they didn't ask if you had made the epic … i blame amazon for that phil, they didn't ask if you had made the epic journey 2 doors away to see if it was deliveredthey gave you too much creditamazon fail

The problem with that is

It's the seller's (Amazon) responsibility to make sure an item is delivered correctly - I think some need to understand that "policy"
    There was no excuse to deliver 2 doors away
    When I called Amazon and queried the delivery and explained that me and my immediate neighbours were in the call handler took it upon himself to re-order the goods
    I asked if they wanted me to check (No 12) just in case and he responded no

I don't blame Amazon the customer service was excellent
    I don't blame the seller (although they should have got a report/communication from Amazon about my call before sending a message stating it's been delivered
    I can only blame DPD

Never had any issues with dpd or my hermes. Had one or two issues with yodel though I think.

DPD split my delivery

Use a water based lube with DPDs, when 2 are using a double penertration one if both people aren't going at the same rhythm it can cause problems i.e. splitting but also tearing and can also be very uncomfortable.

philphil61

The problem with that isIt's the seller's (Amazon) responsibility to make … The problem with that isIt's the seller's (Amazon) responsibility to make sure an item is delivered correctly - I think some need to understand that "policy"There was no excuse to deliver 2 doors awayWhen I called Amazon and queried the delivery and explained that me and my immediate neighbours were in the call handler took it upon himself to re-order the goodsI asked if they wanted me to check (No 12) just in case and he responded noI don't blame Amazon the customer service was excellentI don't blame the seller (although they should have got a report/communication from Amazon about my call before sending a message stating it's been deliveredI can only blame DPD

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-09-2015/6KzDkm.gif

McGloney97

In no way dos that say, 'Have a rant on what's on your mind'. I'm pretty … In no way dos that say, 'Have a rant on what's on your mind'. I'm pretty sure this platform is where you post deals, freebies and competitions, not use it like Facebook

Misc, ​consisting of a mixture of various things that are not usually connected with each other.

Deals: section for deals
    Freebies: for deals that have a £0 cost
    Competition: posts for a chance to win
    Ask: help from other members
    Misc: section where anything can be posted
    Feedback; posts to offer feedback on the site and mods.

Had lots of issues with DPD but mainly down to one bad driver but a lot of them don't work directly for them.
    Yodel are the ultimate showers though. Dishonest and incompetent at every level.

kos1c

...Feedback; posts to offer feedback on the site and mods.

Comment #205 onwards:

[ hotukdeals.com/fee…564 ]

kos1c

Misc, consisting of a mixture of various things that are not us … Misc, consisting of a mixture of various things that are not usually connected with each other. Deals: section for dealsFreebies: for deals that have a £0 costCompetition: posts for a chance to winAsk: help from other members Misc: section where anything can be posted Feedback; posts to offer feedback on the site and mods.

Misc: section where anything can be posted

Anything?
    Anything?
    I do believe....sorry I do know there are restrictions as to what can be discussed

FTFY

Misc: section where anything not breaking the Code of Conduct (or other … Misc: section where anything not breaking the Code of Conduct (or other anomalies) can be posted

voyager123

always found DPD to be the best by far, unlike the likes of yodel and … always found DPD to be the best by far, unlike the likes of yodel and amazon logistics.

I find Amazon Prime to be superior to others like Yodel and Hermes, they also deliver on a Sunday unlike the others from personal experience.

DPD or anyone else - isn't it the retailer's responsibility to sort it out? You didn't receive it - send you another or THEY chase DPD to find out where it is. It's not your job to go wandering the streets knocking on doors.

philphil61

Anything?Anything?I do believe....sorry I do know there are restrictions … Anything?Anything?I do believe....sorry I do know there are restrictions as to what can be discussedFTFY

You knew what I meant, it's a general statement, as "anything can be discussed" within reason of course.
    It's not like the other user that I quoted, who put restrictions for the whole site.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1827
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2495
      3. Cat Chat77735
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions