Dpd sent my delivery to the wrong address

Found 28th Nov 2017
What can i do? It's been signed for according the tracking but i didn't receive it, what steps should i take?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
contatct the sender as they would have made the error
mattmerch3 m ago

contatct the sender as they would have made the error

Tell the police.
This happened to me recently and the ebay seller was not very helpful as he was saying it's been signed for, I opened a case which ebay closed once the seller provided proof of signature, I was not very happy then a week later a neighbour a few doors along decides to bring me my parcel.
I had the same issue last year when DPD instead of delivering it to my office delivered it to some house nearby. They opened an investigation and said they could check based on GPS location history that the driver was near when the delivery was made. The case was then closed. By sheer luck, the receipient of the parcel after about a week dropped it at the right address. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the address when I checked on receipt of the parcel.
same thing happened to my mum a few years ago. it was royal mail. they said that a parcel had been delivered and a signature recorded so they could not do anything. they emailed me the receipt signature and said that was the end of it.

WTF!! my mum was frantic as it was an expensive parcel. evening of that day, the neighbour came over and handed the parcel over, which he had opened! nothing was missing so my mum was so relieved.
Never had a problem with dpd
Ring DPD. Happened a couple of years ago though they didn't actually deliver the parcel but while sitting in the house my partner got text to say no-one in, please ring to arrange. Rang them and they tried the next day. Same thing text again no-one home, but she was sitting in all day. Rang them again, got the same dispatcher who in the process of double checking the address said he knew the area and the driver was in the town beside the village according to his tracking (similar address), he had missed reading an important part of the address. Offered to pickup myself from the depot but the very nice dispatcher said he would be driving nearby on his own way home from work and would deliver himself.
They use a similar system that I'm aware off and the device obtaining the signature also captures a geo-code with a time stamp. That combined with the vehicles tracking (assuming they where not using a subbie/third party) is enough proof of a non-deliverly or deliverly to wrong address. Well at least they do in Ireland/N.Ireland (solution was provided by a company called Zetes who I used to work closly with on the POD solution design.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 28th Nov 2017
Original Poster
Odds on whoever has the parcels on giving me my ps4 bundle 🤣
Edited by moderator: "potty mouth" 28th Nov 2017
That’s the worst thing , no one will do a real investigation. So if you haven’t got a honest neighbour your parcel has gone . As the courier won’t go back to the address or give you the info of the address it’s dropped off at . Unless your out and they leave a card with details of where it’s gone ( next door , or 116 ) .
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants