Groups

Dr Who

Just saw the advert for Dr Who again,
    On tommorrow night.

Anyone excited?
    And what are your thoughts on the new Doctor ???

Opening moments of the episode....

bbc.co.uk/pro…6t7

17 Comments

Not sure if I can bear watching it now DT has left! Probably will just out of curiosity but the new doctor just looks totally weird - almost deformed huge face - can't take to him at all.

karen gillan is nice imho

Banned

Never understood the attraction with Dr Who.

I tried watching a couple of times but was left thinking 'This is crap' on both occasions.

Anyone want spoilers?

akamini;8272000

Anyone want spoilers?

No. I think the new doctor has the right look. He is supposed to be a alien after all.

Original Poster

kaks26;8271827

Not sure if I can bear watching it now DT has left! Probably will just … Not sure if I can bear watching it now DT has left! Probably will just out of curiosity but the new doctor just looks totally weird - almost deformed huge face - can't take to him at all.

Yeah, i kinda feel the same way.
    Was gutted about him leaving, but that's the nature of the show i supposed with the whole regeneration thing.
    Not sure about Matt Smith, i've never seen him in anything else and so used to DT it feels strange watching someone else as Dr who.

He is quite strange looking, but i suppose that adds somewhat to the character.
    Will definitely be watching.

Original Poster

Goonieman;8272049

No. I think the new doctor has the right look. He is supposed to be a … No. I think the new doctor has the right look. He is supposed to be a alien after all.

Good point ! and tend to agree.

It's his portrayal of the character i'm curios about, which way he's going to play it.
    Suppose we'll find out tomorrow.

Original Poster

akamini;8272000

Anyone want spoilers?

lol,

no thanks,
    would rather have the full effect whilst watching.

Getting more excited talking about it now - how sad ! :roll::oops:

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes;8271864

Never understood the attraction with Dr Who.I tried watching a couple of … Never understood the attraction with Dr Who.I tried watching a couple of times but was left thinking 'This is crap' on both occasions.

lol,

i thought i'd feel that way but got into it in the end.
    I like Christopher Eccleston,
    but with the arrival of David Tennant, i was hooked.

Original Poster

barky;8271857

karen gillan is nice imho

lol

She's a pretty girl.

Just wathed the 1st 2 episodes of the new series, wasn't looking forward to the new Doctor, but to be fair to him. He's a'reet

Matt Smith is crap

Can't bear to watch the new Dr Who; saw Matt in Swimming With Sharks and he's certainly not a stage actor either

They have lost a fan in me, didn't like Ecclestone either.

Miss you DT.....:cry:

Bring back Tom Baker :thumbsup:

Banned

The new doctor is fantastic. Tennant was good too but I think Matt Smith is an inspired choice, I'd go so far as say born for the role.

Banned

choc1969;8341170

Matt Smith is crapCan't bear to watch the new Dr Who; saw Matt in … Matt Smith is crapCan't bear to watch the new Dr Who; saw Matt in Swimming With Sharks and he's certainly not a stage actor eitherThey have lost a fan in me, didn't like Ecclestone either.Miss you DT.....:cry:Bring back Tom Baker :thumbsup:

so you haven't watched either of his episodes but decided he's crap
    oh well, your loss, he's getting massive praise for the role so far, much better than tennant, although imo the better writing has a lot to do with it too.

colinsunderland;8341754

so you haven't watched either of his episodes but decided he's crapoh … so you haven't watched either of his episodes but decided he's crapoh well, your loss, he's getting massive praise for the role so far, much better than tennant, although imo the better writing has a lot to do with it too.

watched half of the second show and had to turn off.......my opinion stands, can't bear to watch him

not my loss, plenty of better sci fi shows on tv, the beeb needs to stop pandering to the under 20s and over 50s

Banned

choc1969;8341785

watched half of the second show and had to turn off.......my opinion … watched half of the second show and had to turn off.......my opinion stands, can't bear to watch himnot my loss, plenty of better sci fi shows on tv, the beeb needs to stop pandering to the under 20s and over 50s

like whats better made by the bbc?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      3. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111

See more discussions