Draft from Windows

Found 2nd Nov 2017
Having some issues with a draft coming from bedroom window.
Windows are in okay condition maybe 10-15 years old.
I have bought adhesive tape (like below) but still having issues.
I have thin blinds and can see them moving when a gust of wind hits the window.

Any ideas how i can resolve.

Thank you in advance,

ebay.co.uk/itm…649
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Use duct tape.Is there a gap between the seal and the window? (very common).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 2nd Nov 2017
are u sure the draught isn't coming from around the window frame? we had a window fitted and the guy forgot to seal it outside causing draughts to come in around the frame.
maddogb5 m ago

are u sure the draught isn't coming from around the window frame? we had a …are u sure the draught isn't coming from around the window frame? we had a window fitted and the guy forgot to seal it outside causing draughts to come in around the frame.

Possibly,

How did you fix?
GlasgowPTFC28 m ago

Possibly,How did you fix?

examine the points where the frame meets the surrounding lintel etc outside and you should be able to see if there is any silicon etc sealing the gap, if not get some in
use a candle to see where the draught is emanating
maddogb2 h, 15 m ago

examine the points where the frame meets the surrounding lintel etc …examine the points where the frame meets the surrounding lintel etc outside and you should be able to see if there is any silicon etc sealing the gap, if not get some in

Thank you.
chocci1 h, 0 m ago

use a candle to see where the draught is emanating

Never thought of that. Great idea!
One of the windows in my house has the same problem. I've been using duct tape for the last couple of years when it starts getting cold.
32355040-6eYDA.jpgProblem solved, no more draft.
RiverDragon82nd Nov

One of the windows in my house has the same problem. I've been using duct …One of the windows in my house has the same problem. I've been using duct tape for the last couple of years when it starts getting cold.[Image] Problem solved, no more draft.

Thank you.
Will try this and let you know how i get on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions