Groups
    EXPIRED

Drawer Fronts not flush, please help

I have installed a new kitchen drawer unit but the drawer fronts are not flush on the left side.

The right side of the 3 drawers touch the unit but none of the left side do.

How can I put this right as I am a noob DIYer.

Thanks in advance.

11 Comments

might need the rail on the left side moving towards the back of the unit

Original Poster

The rail is also the side of the drawer though

might be best if u put a picture up

there is usually a rail on the drawer and the unit,move the rail on the left side on the unit back slightly by whatever the gap is

Original Poster

As I say the rail and side are 1 piece

has it got metal rails?
    If so one side must fasten to the cupboard/unit and the other to the drawer to work, adjust that rail.
    If it is just a wooden rail glued on and u cut i the side of the unit then the drawer isnt square or the unit isnt square, one needs shaved off to allow for this

Original Poster

Yes metal rails attached to the carcase, I have measured the gaps and they are fine

Where the fronts clip onto the draw there might be some sort of adjustment screws, one to move the front up and down and one to move the front in or out

ding

Where the fronts clip onto the draw there might be some sort of … Where the fronts clip onto the draw there might be some sort of adjustment screws, one to move the front up and down and one to move the front in or out

Up or down, yes... but is there ever an adjustment for in and out

Ellie Phant

Up or down, yes... but is there ever an adjustment for in and out

I thought there was but you got me thinking now (_;)

Original Poster

There are 2 screws but they dont seem to do much we are talking 1cm out here.

put a picture up !
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction715
      2. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?89
      3. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened79
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1626

See more discussions