Found 1st Sep 2016
Can anyone recommend a decent set of drawers and a wardrobe? I don't really want to spend loads and the runners have to be either metal or wood!

Thanks in advance!

8 Comments

Got to be ikea!

look on ebay the old sets are better quality. schreiber really good i bought my set of a friend and ive had them 12 years and they still going good. or look on gumtree or preloved

I second IKEA if you're buying new.

I have a MALM 4 drawer chest of drawers (currently £60) and a couple of PAX wardrobes. The price of the wardrobes varies depending on how you spec it (ie do you just want rails, do you want drawers, shelves etc) but you should be able to get a double wardrobe for less than £150. If you do choose the PAX I'd recommend going for hinged doors, the sliding doors are a PITA to fit.

You can get cheaper from somewhere like Homebase or Argos but the quality will be poorer, IKEA stuff always seems much better made.

Just noticed there is an IKEA wardrobe deal active at the moment for £59, the wonderfully named Dombas. Don't know how it compares to the PAX quality wise.

PAX and MALM. had over 5 years no issues. Very solid.

another vote for malm drawers they're excellent.

wardrobes we got second hand solid pine ones off gumtree. about £50 but built to last. I do have a lot of mismatched furniture but it doesn't bother us. Other family members have bought all kinds of new wardrobes but my second hand ones are the best.

Original Poster

Still haven't got round to buying these, looking for a whole bedroom set now, wardrobe (3door), drawers & 2 bedside tables! Any good January sales on?

Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's help, I was going to get the IKEA ones but they were always out of stock! So I ordered one from Studio!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69770
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54
    4. Win 1 of 30 Gin Festival, Eastbourne Pairs of Tickets (Value £30 per pair)11

See more discussions